free website stats program Dropped her yesterday. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dropped her yesterday.

Thanks guys, Just to clear something up my wife was on her dyna next to me not on the back (those days are over for her). She calmly put her kickstand down and helped me lift it. This is not the 1st time she has had to do it :bigsmiley25:

I was really doubting myself like someone mentioned but I just got back on and rode about 60 miles straight which seemed to really cool me down. I think me and my bike (betty) are back on speaking terms now and I went and bought her a new set of floorboards today :newsmile092:

... I forgot to put my kickstand down one morning at the gas station before I had my coffee.

35 years ago, I forgot to put my kickstand UP!

And spent 5 days in the hospital. Please keep this between me and you. I never did tell my parents what really happened. :small3d005:

I dropped mine a few weeks ago - I just got it and put about 50 miles of my own on it (had 2,500 when I bought it). I'm glad to hear you and the bike are OK. It's amazing the number - and ways - bikes have been dropped.

I set mine down on the engine guard once. To make matters worse it was in front of a bunch of other bikers as I was leaving a bar, and no, I was not drunk. The embarassment was almost as bad as my concern that I had done major damage to my bike. Fortunately, the damage was only minor scratches to the engine guard. It had to happen eventually. Life goes on. Just be thankful, as I am, that it wasn't worse.

Sorry about your drop.

My wife has dropped her 09 FLHX twice, minor scratches,

Guy at work dropped his softail, didn't put the jiffy stand down after sitting on and admiring his ride. Slightly bent handlebars, scratched derby cover.

And latest, another guy at work skidded and dropped his HD in a panic stop $3200.00 damage. OUCH

Back