free website stats program Dropped her yesterday. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dropped her yesterday.

My 09 Streetglide's been on it's side already. Lost balance with wheel turned too far and let it go slowly. Nothing hurt, every bike I've owned has been on it's side at one time or another. :32:

My 08 Streetglide has been on it's side once; in the driveway. What made it worse, I wasn't supposed to be messing with it because of a back injury. Why do these things always happen when you're doing something you're not supposed to be doing?

We've all done it at one time or another. Just pick 'er up, keep smiling, and go forward.

hey, I thought I was the only one to drop a new bike, did the same thing to mine comming home from harley, in fact, I've dropped mine twice, never fails, always a bunch of people around just watching, just another lesson learned

Yep, 3 months of ownership, did the deed...glad the damage to you and yours was minimal...and yes the ride thru life with a few bumps in the road; the scrapes do add a little reminder that our sport does have risks, but hey, the true measure is "Smiles per Mile" and the fact you are sharing your joy with your significant other! 70 degs out today, sun is shining and life is good...ENJOY you RG. :D

I'll come clean too, I've dropped both my bikes a few times it happens. just be glad it was not at speed. pick it up and ride on.

a few things will make you fall
1. forget to put feed down
2. breake with wheel turned on a stop
3. gravel or oil

well thats my big 3

BTW if you go to you tube you can see the proper way to pick bike up. look for ride like a pro

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome I guess not so new member to the club.I forgot to put my kickstand down one morning at the gas station before I had my coffee.

Had it happen to me a couple of weeks ago. We were headed back to San Antonio after four days in Big Bend Country. Stopped in Ozona for fuel for my Ultra Classic. Pulled away from the pump and stopped to fiqure out what some idiot in a car was going to do. Had forgotten that I had kicked it in Neutral when I stopped. You're gonna Love this one. As I tried to get out of his way, I rolled on the throttle, let out the clutch and put my feet on the boards. I'm sure it reminded everyone of Artie Johnson on the tricycle on the Rowan & Martin Laugh-in Show. For you youngins it was on from 1968 to 1973, so I guess I've divulged my age. Anyway, a week before our trip, I purchased a device called "The Biker Bar" from a machine shop in San Antonio. Now Was the time to give it a try. It worked like a charm. I don't sell them, but highly recommend it. The name of the company is Precision Measurment Supply. I can't post the link to their website, but it will show up on a search for them.

Back