free website stats program Dried bugs on windshield | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dried bugs on windshield

Nothing worse than a bee getting inside your helmet ok perhaps a wasp or a hornet
Goes like this smack sting ouch ouch ouch pull to side of road dump bike pull helmet off get buddy to extract sting
Full face helmet with visor is so much safer

Brian

Nothing worse than a bee getting inside your helmet ok perhaps a wasp or a hornet
Goes like this smack sting ouch ouch ouch pull to side of road dump bike pull helmet off get buddy to extract sting
Full face helmet with visor is so much safer

Brian

...or what happened to me, a yellow jacket up my shorts, stung on my inner thigh, wow!!, emergency stop at place in Ocean Springs called One-Eyed Jacks, I need a cold beer I said, what kind the barkeep asked, I don't care, I said, put it on the wounded part, ahhhh relief, and everyone in the place laughing, including my wife!!. Last time I road in shorts!

So your telling us to eat the bugs before they eat us?

Not the love bugs, they taste terrible!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll go with what the MOCO suggests -wet towel.I just get the water as hot as possible,softens them buggers right up.In my semi-truck it's straight juice but that's on glass.

...or what happened to me, a yellow jacket up my shorts, stung on my inner thigh, wow!!, emergency stop at place in Ocean Springs called One-Eyed Jacks, I need a cold beer I said, what kind the barkeep asked, I don't care, I said, put it on the wounded part, ahhhh relief, and everyone in the place laughing, including my wife!!. Last time I road in shorts!
Had to do a google search for yellow jacket to find out what it was WASP this side of the pond

Brian

Okay, if I get stung by a bee, it is bad for me. Not bad enough to have to go to the hospital yet...but my brother had to start carrying an Epi-Pen when he was in his 40's...I have 2 more years to get past that stage. Time will tell I guess. I do keep a close eye on any bee stings, since if I get stung, I swell up something awful. Here are a few shots of my hand after a sting by a yellow jacket last summer. I didn't get the full sting on this one either, LOL, if I would have gotten the full blow, my hand would have been twice that size. :) :D

IMG_9090.JPG IMG_9092.JPG IMG_9093.JPG IMG_9094.JPG

Okay, if I get stung by a bee, it is bad for me. Not bad enough to have to go to the hospital yet...but my brother had to start carrying an Epi-Pen when he was in his 40's...I have 2 more years to get past that stage. Time will tell I guess. I do keep a close eye on any bee stings, since if I get stung, I swell up something awful. Here are a few shots of my hand after a sting by a yellow jacket last summer. I didn't get the full sting on this one either, LOL, if I would have gotten the full blow, my hand would have been twice that size. :) :D

View attachment 17653 View attachment 17654 View attachment 17655 View attachment 17656

Ouch!! Each time one gets stung the antibody titer increases if they are allergic, can be life threatening.

My brother always swelled up too, but one time at our cabin in Tennessee, he had a reaction and off to the 24 hour ER at 2:00AM...only to find the door locked with a sign to call this number. :D We called the number and here came the ER team around the corner to open the door. :D :D Good times I tell you!

Back