free website stats program Dried bugs on windshield | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dried bugs on windshield

I have a 'Q-D' windshield for my '08 FLSTN and I normally wash it with warm toward hot water, and dishwashing soap before I put it back into it's box.
I would be careful with dishwashing soap while windshield is on bike. Dishwashing soap tends to strip wax from paint.

I would be careful with dishwashing soap while windshield is on bike. Dishwashing soap tends to strip wax from paint.

Depending on what kind of bugs, its completely worth it and makes it a non issue.

I've been using a product called Plexus for the past 40 years. We used it on our F-4 Phantom cockpits and it works great. Windshield, paint, chrome, anything that shines.

Must be hard to keep the paper towel in place, once you get up to highway speeds?!

Seriously, Windex works fine.

Must be hard to keep the paper towel in place, once you get up to highway speeds?!

Seriously, Windex works fine.

Soupy, the ammonia in Windex will cause the lexan to cloud and craze over time, don't do it. As others have suggested, clean it and use a microfiber cloth wetted with pledge. After that no problem removing the bugs.

Soupy, the ammonia in Windex will cause the lexan to cloud and craze over time, don't do it. As others have suggested, clean it and use a microfiber cloth wetted with pledge. After that no problem removing the bugs.

I can attest to this. The previous owner of my Road King 'threw' in the small bottle of Windex when I bought the bike in 2012, and the windshield is cloudy and foggy most of the time. I can still get by with it by cleaning it well prior to riding, and one additional time during a long ride. :(

Back