free website stats program **Donate 02 Road King parts....Help** | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

**Donate 02 Road King parts....Help**

Oh man.....I really appreciate the donations but it makes me really uncomfortable if I don't at least pay the shipping.
Dolt....no I don't need a headlight but do need the trim ring. And another weird little part that is missing is the chrome strip that sits on top of the nacelle where the two halves join together. A long chrome strip that has a stud on one end and other end turns up 90 degrees. I think that's the only name Harley has for it is "chrome strip." That might be hard to find...I'll have to call a dealer to see if it's sold separately from the nacelle. My nacelle isn't perfect but I can fix it.
Thanks for the latest good news.
Ski

While I don't have any parts to offer I do have at thought or two to offer. I am happy to be a bit player in a community of such good people. The way folks have gathered round and come to the aid of our fellow forum member Skiz is amazing and impressive to watch. Thanks to all who have gone the extra mile. You guys "Rock " as the young ones say these days. Hope your recovery progresses quickly Skiz so you get back on that RK!:)

Well, I know that Box is Just taking up room & needing to go... after my little parts come off... I will have it Packaged Properly and Might even post a Picture of the fender Here on the forum... It will be Going Out UPS or USPS (one or the other Less$$ is good) at the end of Feb. like the Time-Line you are saying... I do have your address. :D

signed....BUBBIE

Well, I know that Box is Just taking up room & needing to go... after my little parts come off... I will have it Packaged Properly and Might even post a Picture of the fender Here on the forum... It will be Going Out UPS or USPS (one or the other Less$$ is good) at the end of Feb. like the Time-Line you are saying... I do have your address. :D

signed....BUBBIE
OK...sounds good man....thank you!

While I don't have any parts to offer I do have at thought or two to offer. I am happy to be a bit player in a community of such good people. The way folks have gathered round and come to the aid of our fellow forum member Skiz is amazing and impressive to watch. Thanks to all who have gone the extra mile. You guys "Rock " as the young ones say these days. Hope your recovery progresses quickly Skiz so you get back on that RK!:)

Thank you for the good wishes! Your post is the truth. I'm real lucky to have all the help. I don't feel saying just a simple "thank you" is enough, but it's all I can do. But I have regained my faith in humanity again.
Ski

Ski,
I have only 1 question that you may not have yet. How confident are you that the frame is not bent/tweeked?
Taking a shot from the side could have very well done more damage that you're not aware of.
I hope for your sake that's not the case but a very important thing to know before you get to deep into the rebuild.

Ski,
I have only 1 question that you may not have yet. How confident are you that the frame is not bent/tweeked?
Taking a shot from the side could have very well done more damage that you're not aware of.
I hope for your sake that's not the case but a very important thing to know before you get to deep into the rebuild.

I know and that's the part that makes me nervous. The pickup truck smacked into the front end mostly and bent the highway bar back , then the bike did a 180 and flopped over on it's right side. I have looked around the neck a few times and saw no chipped paint or cracks, but I know that still doesn't mean the frame is ok. With the frame all on angles and slants, it gets frustrating trying to use straight edges...levels...ect measuring and re-measuring. I'm open to suggestions on how to do a reliable frame check...with the front end off.
Thanks!
Ski

OK guys, I am done soliciting parts from sources outside this forum. So far I have had a couple of offers to donate parts only to have to be informed that the parts are being donated from another source. Unfortunately, I then must tell my donors, oooops, my bad, don't need them. Not good for my rep on that forum. Don't get me wrong, I am not angry but don't want to be put in that position again, so I will cease and desist sourcing outside this forum.

Skiz,
I did find the left side fork tube and, I think, the internal cartridge, or the internals from an '09 FLHX. Whichever, there should be enough parts to assemble the right side of the suspension. Of course, you will need new seals and the fork cap from your damaged forks and possibly the fastener that secures the damper rod in the tube.

Back