free website stats program **Donate 02 Road King parts....Help** | Harley Davidson Forums

**Donate 02 Road King parts....Help**

skizman

Hello. I had a wreck on my Harley Road King (Miss Piggy) in late Oct. from a pickup hitting me broadside. Left leg below the knee was mangled...broken in 3 places...shin bones came through skin, broke a rib and dislocated rt. shoulder-tore all rotator cuff tendons. I was flown in a chopper to the hospital. The pic of me below shows metal frame screwed into leg bones a week before major surgery installed plates and screws in leg spending 36 days in hospital and live-in rehab. Now...late January I'm still in wheelchair and crutches and not allowed to walk on leg for another month or two. Really sucks. A real mess.
Basic ins. won't cover repairing Miss Piggy and I have no money to fix her either. To sell her as is would be a real loss. Plus medical bills are drifting in now. I'm very independent and just hate to ask anyone for help, plus I've been on SS Disability and I just squeeze by every month on a very small income amount.
Majority of damage is front part of bike. I'll do the repairs myself whenever I can walk on two legs again. I can't even explain how much I would appreciate if some of you guys could donate parts that I need to get Miss Piggy back on the road.
The List>>>>
*front forks...upper and lower + triple tree.
*2 front rotors
*front fender + chrome tip and skirt
*front headlight lens retainer/cover
*auxiliary lights bracket +1 aux light with blinker
*highway crash bar
*front footboards...both sides
*fuel gauge
*saddlebag rear frame guard rail-rt. side
Thank you so very much!

Wasn't it John Wayne that said?......"If ya fall off yer horse.....You just get back up and ride it again."
leg 2.JPG wreck cropped.jpg road king ski.JPG

Sorry to hear about your crash, the good news is you are able to talk about it.
First thing that come to mind is did the driver of the pickup have insurance?

I don't have any extra parts that would work on your scoot but I'll keep my eye's open and keep you in mind.
This is a great forum with caring and giving members so I'm sure if anyone has something laying around they'll be willing to help.
Good luck and get well soon.

Gosh sorry to hear of your wreck. Good thing is you came through it a bit broken but still tickin'. Sorry no help on the parts but best wishes for a speedy full recovery. Don't know anything about the below site or company other than I stumbled upon it, but he has a lot of parts for earlier model scoots.
http://www.robsusedharleyparts.com/

Good luck!

I have the front rotors, auxiliary light bracket and lights and may have a front fender with tip and skirt but it will be black; I have to check my stash of parts for the fender. All from '02 FLHT and will fit. Assume you will pay shipping?

Sorry to hear about your crash, the good news is you are able to talk about it.
First thing that come to mind is did the driver of the pickup have insurance?

I don't have any extra parts that would work on your scoot but I'll keep my eye's open and keep you in mind.
This is a great forum with caring and giving members so I'm sure if anyone has something laying around they'll be willing to help.
Good luck and get well soon.
Thanks. Yes...other driver has insurance. But cop gave me the ticket and I was unconscious and could not stand up for myself. So being my fault...I guess...I get screwed all the way around...plus I only had liability ins.

I have the front rotors, auxiliary light bracket and lights and may have a front fender with tip and skirt but it will be black; I have to check my stash of parts for the fender. All from '02 FLHT and will fit. Assume you will pay shipping?
Oh man oh man.....you sure brightened up my day!!!! Heck yeah I'll pay shipping. I don't care if it's painted pink...that's ok with me. Let me know. No need to rush either....I'm still hobbling around on crutches.
Thank You!!!!!!
Ski

Oh man oh man.....you sure brightened up my day!!!! Heck yeah I'll pay shipping. I don't care if it's painted pink...that's ok with me. Let me know. No need to rush either....I'm still hobbling around on crutches.
Thank You!!!!!!
Ski

It will be the weekend before I can start digging around at my storage place to verify what parts I have. Looking at the picture of the wrecked bike, I am surprised that your parts list is complete. If those are the only parts you need, the bike came out of the wreck in much better shape than you did.

BTW, what were you ticketed for? Sorry for you misfortune; hope your recovery is complete and speedy.;)

It will be the weekend before I can start digging around at my storage place to verify what parts I have. Looking at the picture of the wrecked bike, I am surprised that your parts list is complete. If those are the only parts you need, the bike came out of the wreck in much better shape than you did.

BTW, sorry for you misfortune; hope your recovery is complete and speedy.;)

Actually I think me and the bike were both lucky. I had no head injury and my bike took all front end damage and anything else that stuck out from the sides. Engine trans and primary were never touched.
Thanks.

Back