free website stats program Does your bike have a " Theme" | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Does your bike have a " Theme"

On my Roadking my theme is "nostalgia". According to Willie G. a quote to my friend in Ohio.... "What we tried to do with the Roadking is make a cycle that is a through back to a 1965 Electraglide."

Taking it a step backward, I have put a lot of accessories on my cycle that give it more of a retro 1950's look.

Gawdy-glide if you will, is what some think when they peer at the cycle. As a lad I remember seeing the Harleys from the 40's and 50's with all the excessive chroming and personal detailing. Items added to their Harley's that had absolutely no use or purpose other than to embrace excess and adornment to the max. I love this portion of the cycles history and hence I am enjoying this today with my Roadking.

One unfinished items left to do is frabricate a custom chromed out rack for about six bullet lights to add to the rear fender. I've got the lights but have not created the rack yet. Still dream of doing that someday.

On my '09 Softail Deluxe (notably luxurious, elegant and expensive), I am still meditating on the singular circumstance of embellishing it as well.

Personalizing a Harley to me is half the fun of owning one. I walked out of the shop one time with four shop employee following me carrying boxes of accessories.... After writing a check for $3,500.00 that day. As I added these items to my Roadking if was fun to see if my wife would even notice the different added items. Once in a while she would point to something on the bike with puzzlement and ask, "Is that new?" HAW! :D:D:D

Randall!!!

THE PICS!!!

Where are the PICS??? :D

I know we'd all LOVE to see the scoot!!

Sir Richard, I have pics, but they need resized before I can post on the forum or the forum "Town Fathers" will get after me. Later today I will try to post some. I made custom mudflaps that are the only ones in captivity. Highly embellished and phlourished with Jeweled, and chrome do-dads not to mention Fringe!

Stay tuned, bro.
ps I was touched by your theme!

My Fatboy has the theme Ford. Color and lettering match the HD F150. Even have the badge on the fender. See my avatar.

Went with V-wing "theme" for mirrors, derby cover, timer cover, and air cleaner, sorta nostalgic like the owner.

Sir Richard, I have pics, but they need resized before I can post on the forum or the forum "Town Fathers" will get after me. Later today I will try to post some. I made custom mudflaps that are the only ones in captivity. Highly embellished and phlourished with Jeweled, and chrome do-dads not to mention Fringe!

Stay tuned, bro.
ps I was touched by your theme!

Easy to resize, go to the Photobucket website, register and upload them, when you "edit" them there is an 800 x 600 default that works perfect. Click and save, copy the 4th Image option into your HDT post and your done...that is the picture format with the "Click to Enlarge" banner on the top commonly seen.

My Theme .." Black and Chrome with Marine Corp emblem's, and some accent lighting. Started with a standard RK. Added Chrome parts.

ahhhhhhhhh forgot to add the pic's....3 rd times a charm right?
jpg.gif 1 Hoppe Fairing.jpg (82.8 KB)
jpg.gif 2..Chrome inner primary w Air Horn.jpg (103.8 KB)
jpg.gif 3. 9 inch mine Apes w GPS.jpg (76.5 KB)
jpg.gif 4. Accent lighting.jpg (101.3 KB)
jpg.gif 5. lots of light on the back removable Tour Pakaccent lighting in windshield..jpg (83.3 KB)

Attachments

• 1 Hoppe Fairing.jpg
    1 Hoppe Fairing.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 2..Chrome inner primary w Air Horn.jpg
    2..Chrome inner primary w Air Horn.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 3.    9 inch mine Apes w GPS.jpg
    3. 9 inch mine Apes w GPS.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.  Accent lighting.jpg
    4. Accent lighting.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 5.  lots of light on the back removable Tour Pakaccent lighting in windshield..jpg
    5. lots of light on the back removable Tour Pakaccent lighting in windshield..jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
Well done FourDogs...that accent lighting really looks nice with the eagle in the windshield. :D

My Theme .." Black and Chrome with Marine Corp emblem's, and some accent lighting. Started with a standard RK. Added Chrome parts.

ahhhhhhhhh forgot to add the pic's....3 rd times a charm right?
jpg.gif 1 Hoppe Fairing.jpg (82.8 KB)
jpg.gif 2..Chrome inner primary w Air Horn.jpg (103.8 KB)
jpg.gif 3. 9 inch mine Apes w GPS.jpg (76.5 KB)
jpg.gif 4. Accent lighting.jpg (101.3 KB)
jpg.gif 5. lots of light on the back removable Tour Pakaccent lighting in windshield..jpg (83.3 KB)

Nice, NICE ride Fourdogs! Truly a head turner! I have never seen an illuminated windshield before. How was that done?
Also, was the engine lighting difficult to install? Costly?

Nice, NICE ride Fourdogs! Truly a head turner! I have never seen an illuminated windshield before. How was that done?
Also, was the engine lighting difficult to install? Costly?

Thank you and no not hard to do nor expensive. Wish I could take credit for the idea of the wind screen. Actually seen one a few years back in Knoxville at a rally. The Gentleman paid 450.00 buck to has his done. He bought it somewhere in California. He had the "Bar and Shield" etching...I thought gee i can find a better deal...lol To get it to look right the windscreen has to be etched are anything that would give that appearance...so what I found was this...btw i have about 120.00 total invested and not that hard at all..the lightning is very easy to do. ...Lights from Boogey Lights Motorcycle LED Lights and Motorcycle LED Lighting i used the stepped pods and the windshield etching is a decal from T.S. Customs http://tscustoms.com/etch_look_decals.htm....and the way the screen is done is i took two pods and joined then and made a bracket and the leds must make physical contact to give a Fiber optic look...

Back