free website stats program Dobeck - New Tuner - wide band O2s and AFR gauge | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck - New Tuner - wide band O2s and AFR gauge

Sorry I haven't post here sooner but been really slammed working and didn't want to post before I had a little hands on and better understanding about the new beta unit. First off I'd like to give special thanks to Bubbie for sending Mark my way.
Here's a short of what I've written on my face book page so far:
Mark Dobeck CEO of Dobeck Performance called me about a month ago and asked if I would be interested in letting him install a new tuner he has been developing on one of my customer's bike for testing, this tuner is not on the market yet but I'm sure it will be in great demand once it is. It installs a wide band 02 sensor in the front pipe and replaces Harley's useless air temp gauge with something the rider can use, a AFR Gauge telling the rider what his air fuel ratio is in real time while he's riding. The tuner itself is totally programmable and upgradeable using a infrared sensor built into the AFR Gauge, uses Dobeck's load base technology and the AFR Gauge has control buttons that allows the rider to adjust the air fuel ratio alongside the road, once adjusted you shouldn't have to mess with it unless you change air cleaner, pipes or maybe just want to fine tune your fuel mileage a little. It was quite the honor to have the legendary Mark Dobeck at Chop's Garage installing something so cutting edge and then having one of my customers be one of the first to try it out. Unfortunately, being a one man show and slammed with work, I haven't really had proper time to play with the unit much yet, but I am certainly making time the first part of this week. :)
There has been a couple of bugs in the beta unit and Mark is coming down Monday to upgradse the box with some new info, my customer has really loved the unit so far, big gain in perforamce for him. I will post more as I get a better understanding of the Beta unit for sure, I'll get more information from Mark when he comes down Monday. Mean while here's a few pix's of the install, more will follow.
MarkandJonathoninstallingtheBetaunit.jpg

MarkinstallingtheBetaunit.jpg

AFRGuage.jpg

AFRGaugecloseup.jpg

Have a customer pulling in got to run, more later.

Thanks for posting, Chopper! Looking forward to hear more and I'm sure this will be a great product from an outstanding company!

Gotta run to, heading out in a few minutes for a 500 mile Mother's Day ride to S FL.

Ride safe, have fun and thanks again!

Very interested in how this tuner pans out...just have to do an "eenie, meenie, mynie, mo" on which sm gauge to ditch. Why did I have to install that oil temp gauge again? At least it'll sell fast w/my TFI - keep us posted chop, or I'll have to find you on Facebook...

Mark will be down Monday to install another beta tuner (don't know what else to call it) on a 09 FLHX w/stage 1 w/heavy breather and super tuner cal already installed on the bike , anyone have questions I'll try to get answers and post more first part of the week.

I talked to Matt at Dobeck yesterday and he said the individual items are coming in to be assembled and that the product may be ready as soon as 2 or 3 weeks. They will have applications for touring first and then expand to other models. I have a gen 3 but if I changed to the new system it isn't just an add on to the gen 3 it is a complete new system. I plugged both of my head pipes and with the new system the rear is still plugged and the front pipe is fitted with a wide band sensor. Sounds good to me. I will go with this new system or the Revolution Performance EMS. Hope to hear more about the testing as it progresses.

Mark has been to Wisconsin a few times in the past month. We installed the 1st Beta on my 09 Electraglide on April 15th followed by the 2nd on April 21st. Since then Mark has had me upload several new programs into unit as he has been able to solve issues. I'm expecting my third Beta unit sometime in the next couple weeks. I'll post a few pictures later this week with Marks permission. It is going to be awesome and revolutionary!

I think Chopper has described the new tuner pretty well! What I like about this new tuner is how it will allow me to increase performance and mileage. It is simple to install and use! I'm not a technical guy at all! Just ask Mark... I'm sure he shakes his head most of the time I'm talking to him. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see you posting here h8ster, I too am looking foward to testing it out on a couple more bikes here, Marks got his teeth in it so I'm sure it won't be long before all the bugs are worked out and the GEN 4 comes to market.

Any chance there will be a customer credit, maybe on lines of a return of lets say, gen 3 for NEW UNIT AFR if purchased, something along those lines? :coffee thanks ryd

I have had some luck tuning with a Digital VOM connected to the front O2 sensor in the garage. Did I understand correctly, a stand alone AFR may be available in the future? My Digital VOM is old and bulky, ( 80's vintage ) so attaching it to the bike for on road testing would be difficult.

Any chance there will be a customer credit, maybe on lines of a return of lets say, gen 3 for NEW UNIT AFR if purchased, something along those lines? :coffee thanks ryd

I did ask Mark about a stand alone AFR to work with Gen 3, the answer was no you would have to upgrade to the GEN 4 but he did say he would discount to anyone that already has the GEN 3 for the upgrade, would you expect anything less from Dolbeck Performance? I should shut up now before I misquote something. As soon as the GEN 4 is finished I'm sure Mark or someone from Dolbeck Performance will answer all your questions accurately. Anything I say here is just hear say.

Back