free website stats program Do you lock..... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you lock.....

I always lock the ignition & set the alarm. Never lock the forks; probably should.

I lock the forks, set the alarm, siphon the gas out and remove the back wheel:p
Actually I live out in the country and have two dogs that would make anybody think twice about getting out of their car. The town I live outside of is small so I never worry about it nor do I at rallies. I do, however, keep an eye on it or lock it if at a bigger town.

Remember too even if its locked in a garage do not leave the keys hanging on the keys hanger by the door in the house. a house theif is likely to look there first to see what kind of toys there is keys there for. if im not using my bike for a while i keep the keys in 900 pound liberty safe. actually the key hanger is a bad idea all together.

I lock my forks and ignition most of the time, i guess it depends on the situation.i wear a helmet and i usually never lock it.it just sits on top of my saddlebag. Sometimes i put it in the bag but they don't lock anyway.just keeps the honest ones away.

At home... never. Out of eye site in town... yes. Don't have to worry about it at work. Actually I hardly ride to work since I only 2 miles away and when I do ride it to work it usually takes about 30 minutes to get there:D:rider, yea I take the long way.

Have the security system with the fob in my pocket. Don't need to lock the ingnition as it's locked automatically. So I only lock the forks.

Have the security system with the fob in my pocket. Don't need to lock the ingnition as it's locked automatically. So I only lock the forks.

Same here. Although I do put a disc lock on and turn my alarm pager on when I'm in a strange place where I can't watch it.

I lock mine whenever I'm away from it. I have always ridden used bikes. When I got my new one it took me to long and to much money to get. I ain't making easy for anyone.

I always lock mine behind the locked garage door, front caliper lock, fork lock, ignition lock, big chain lock on rear tire for mine and my mrs bike then a cable lock thru the frames and wheels of each of the bikes plus the factory alarms with sirens.....We live in Germany...doesn't take much to steal a bike and run it into 3 other countries within an hour....once it's gone and in another country ...good luck in ever seeing it again!

I always lock my bike...ignition and frt.fork.Had my very first Harley stolen several years ago.It was locked as usual.Only took them 15 minutes to steal it while I ran into a store.

Back