free website stats program Do you lock..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Do you lock.....

dogdad

When you go to park your bike and you're not at your house, how many of you lock it in some way ? I have started locking the forks and the ignition.....trying to get into the habit of locking it every time.

To be honest I am bad that way,I usually forget the key in the windshield pouch.:(

Got in the habit when I got my first bike 2 yrs ago. Think it's a good idea; prevents the opportunists. Always lock the fork; if I'm travelling, will use a wheel lock as well

Just plain good sense to lock the forks as a minimum and take your keys. If you have the HD security I or II fobs, use them as well. Everytime I hear about a Harley being stolen, I wonder if the bike was locked and alarm with immobilizer armed. Most would be thieves will steal the most obvious lack of security or opportunity ...don't make it easy for them!:devil

Last edited:
That alarm is the ticket if you got one set it. these guy's dont need your keys to take your bike. Listen to me. some times I just leave my key in. Never to far away from it. keep an eye on it just in case. We learn a lot here thanks for this post.

When you go to park your bike and you're not at your house, how many of you lock it in some way ? I have started locking the forks and the ignition.....trying to get into the habit of locking it every time.

Unless I'm within eyesight, I lock the forks, and the ignition every time. depending on location I also use the disk lock (with alarm). I DO NOT want to have to call my insurance company. :bigsmiley4:

When I am at work I lock the forks and Tour Pak and lower bags. But If I go to a diner, or run into a store for a few minutes, I generally don't bother. I really should because it is a good habit to get in to,

Back