free website stats program Did you add TFI to TC 88ci 'after' stage 1? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Did you add TFI to TC 88ci 'after' stage 1?

reading all the fuel problems, one has to wonder if any Harley runs well from the factory.

Mine is stock and never ran well! What's with this new technology?

Al

The truth of the matter is they run OK from the factory, can they run better??? You bet!

That's what I'm thinking Glider. Just a little bit better. Mostly I want to smooth it out some without loosing too much MPG and I want it to run a
little cooler.

The tuner didn't come in yesterday as I was assured it would (hmmm, how many times does that happen?) but it'll be here Monday. I'll have the bike ready for install.

This is what I'm starting with:
'05 FLSTNI (21,000 miles, synthetic oil since 500 mile)
STOCK 88CI TC MOTOR
29773-02A 1450 ST1 EFI KIT
32957-04A CART.1450S1 download cartridge (what happens to cartridge after download?)
80461-05 KIT, MUFF,SLASH CUT

I'll start with these settings:
-Green: 3
-Yellow: 3
-Red: 4
-RPM: 4

I'm open to suggestions/comments/constructive criticism. I sent an email to Techlusion with my bike configuration. If you look at the forum at Techlusion there are almost NO replies to inquires (????). Maybe they just do email. hmm

thx

Vince

They run just fine from factory

Smitty,
My FXSTC is as stock as they come, my jetted '03 sportster runs better.
The Softail hunts for what seems to be a better mixture on a light throttle over a level road. I tried the X14IEDs "no change" then the SE race fueler. Spent hours trying different settings "no change" back to no gimmicks now. Same ol'

Al

Smitty,
My FXSTC is as stock as they come, my jetted '03 sportster runs better.
The Softail hunts for what seems to be a better mixture on a light throttle over a level road. I tried the X14IEDs "no change" then the SE race fueler. Spent hours trying different settings "no change" back to no gimmicks now. Same ol'

Al

Have you checked for intake leaks that would cause the "hunting"?

Sounds to me like there is something else not working as it should.
If the bike does not run right you will likely not be able to mod out of the problem. The bike should run right before you do mods.
Gilder suggest air leaks that a good place to start

It's an '07 2100 miles

The consensus here, and other blogs, is "too lean" from the factory to meet gov standard.
That's why the attempt with the X14IED and the SE Fueler to cure not to make changes for or to modify.

It Idles perfectly with out the "gadgets", it does not pop or backfire out the mufflers or the air-cleaner. The throttle response is good.

BUT.... the surging at a steady throttle indicates what?

Al

http://http://www.hdtimeline.com/softail_models/6587-lean_running.html

Is this similar except for the popping.
The TFI did mess up the idle on mine also.

Last edited:
Witch can be caused by
Air leaks at intake
leaks in ehaust
Stgae 1 with out adding fuel
Plug gap to wide
dirt fuel system
lose wire at coil or ecm

NO mods---NONE--- NO Stage 1

Haven't found any of these problems on this bike.
Not a newbie
Been in the repair business for 52 years

Al

Back