free website stats program Did you add TFI to TC 88ci 'after' stage 1? | Harley Davidson Forums

Did you add TFI to TC 88ci 'after' stage 1?

twoup

Morn'n all,

I bought an '05 Deluxe with the SE Stage 1 (pipes, high flow breather and down load). I've read the threads about what the TFI does. I would like to hear from someone that has added the TFI 'after' doing the Stage 1. What were the results? Are you happy with it. Was it worth the money? Do you have better throttle response? Did your MPG go down? etc.

Thanx

Vince

You can add the TFI after the stage 1. It has different settings with the stage 1 that adds less fuel than without the download but the download is still lean. MPG will drop a couple but the motor runs better.

You can add the TFI after the stage 1. It has different settings with the stage 1 that adds less fuel than without the download but the download is still lean. MPG will drop a couple but the motor runs better.

Thanx Glider. I'm looking for "didn't make much difference" "oh yea, much better" "Holy (edit), Runs like a stripped (edit)ape!" "Not worth the money".

You know...somthing like that. Trying to weight it. Add it/don't add it.
Don't want to put out two-fifty for a "well, that didn't do much".

Great site. Lots of really good stuff here. thanx

Vince

Last edited by a moderator:
Same thing and both made by Techlusion with a different labeling. I prefer the TFI because of the tech support by that company from George , it's tops and a phone call away, no middle man.

Ordered unit last night. Be here tomorrow UPS. Test rides Saturday morning.
Custom Chrome part number 601203. Techlusion part FI-1040ST. Same box. Different decal. Techlusion is customer support for both. Verified that this morning. Every forum I've been to says Techlusion support is great.

Will post install good/bad, settings, mpg diff., "seat of pants" results and
anything else which may help someone else.

Thanks to this forum for your advice.

Vince

you will like it, my bike ran a lot cooler and stronger, since I've turned it back a bit because MPG was really shot when the bike felt it ran the way I wanted it (23mpg was a little too much)

Back