free website stats program Did Anyone Get In A Ride This Weekend? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Did Anyone Get In A Ride This Weekend?

Well I can actually say I took my new street glide on a real ride for the first time. Put 110 miles and every one of them feel so good.
Love the handling of the new tour models big difference from the springer.
Suppose to be near 60 tues. so being unemployed I guess I'll rack up some more miles up

Finally. The temp was around 48 to 50 and got in a few miles Saturday. Sunday was a little nicer and got out again. Today St. Patties day, it's suppose to be 65 degrees. Whoo hoo. Got to ride to work yesterday for the first time this year. It was 30 degrees when I left in the morning. But it was 58 on my way home. They heard me pulling in this time with new Krome Werks slip-ons. SE a/c and PCIII. Boy does she run. I'm just going to have to watch the speed. I'm now hitting 45 to 50 before shifting to 4th and she still wants more troddle. Stage one was the best thing I could have done to my FatBob. Safe riding to all and enjoy the weather while we can. It's suppose to cool down again the end of the week.

Saturday i put my new compensator sprocket and chain in then took her out for about an hour and a half......cleaned her up Sunday and took another two hour ride ......no more noise and hitting my side cover ......what a relief and what an enjoyable couple of hours,
Tony

Went thru a tank of gas (had to get the treated winter gas outta there ya know...at least that was my excuse!! :D) so thats easily more than 200 miles.

Then got them both nice and clean. Mmmm...shiny chrome!!!

Supposed to be 72 today. Wonder if I'll be missed at work??

Hi All

England (UK) also had good weather this weekend, so it was down to our local HD dealer, Blackbear Harley Davidson Newmarket where I had to lay out £850 on a seat, backrest and muffler set.

While we were there I intruduced my sports bike riding mate to the delights of HD, as he took his first rider on a Sportster demo, I might have turned him, as he was grinning like a fool when we got back. :bigsmiley20:

We got good weather here in the southwest too,got out at the weekend and checked to make sure the moors werent washed away,and the coffee at Oakhampton was still available.Lots of bikes out doing the same stuff,took another 90 miles off my tires.Looking good for this weekend too,think I'll see if cornwall survived the winter.

Just finally got out today. Been close to 60 here, but the mornings have been cold. Well weather.com said it was going to be 38 this morning...cold but manageable. So I got her all ready last night, geared up this morning and took off...IT WAS COLD!! Now weather.com says it is 28 here at work, yup I was right it was cold, but it was well worth it as the ride home will be perfect. Well truthfully, the cold didn't bother me too much thanks to the extra gear purchased over the winter and the desire to just start her up.

I know what you mean bwalsh22, I commute from Blandon to Easton, I was all set to ride in today and the therm. said 29 so the bike is waiting till I get home tonight, I did get out last evning for a ride thou.

Kevin

I got the bike inspected yesterday when it was rather cool. Temps were only in the mid 40s.

I am heading out today, Wednesday. The temps will be close to 60 degrees with sunny skies!

Back