free website stats program detachable tour pak rac | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

detachable tour pak rac

The comments about the Vaquero got me curious so I looked at the Kawi site. Every version Kawi offers looks like a caricature of a motorcycle. My son started his 2 wheel life on a Vulcan 750 and due to its age we had to get into the cooling system (bearing failure). Kawi goes to a great deal of effort to hide the water pump and that generates a level of complexity I would never want to own. Perhaps when some manufacturer gets serious about EXTERNAL water pumps which can be serviced without taking the side off the engine I might begin to consider liquid cooling. Until then, I don't want liquid cooling and the Kawi products look like they escaped from a cartoon. Guess I'm a true Luddite who likes the classics.

The tour pack bracket and the tour pack itself (IIRC) have two sets of holes allowing tour pack fore/aft adjustment to four different locations. Mine is as far aft as it will go and is still slightly crowded, but we live with it. Good justification to drop a few pounds.

Back