free website stats program detachable tour pak rac | Harley Davidson Forums

detachable tour pak rac

Mavagrand

Part #53303-07, I just bought it from Zanotti's, gonna install it this weekend. Kinda excited, it will be nice to quickly remove the tour pak when not needed. Quick note: I tried to buy this from the dealership here in Lakeland. The lowest they would go was 330.00, I paid 280.00 with shipping. I want to support my local but not at the cost of 50.00. Don't understand why they won't price match.

Mav,

I feel your pain. Same with the dealer here, they wont even come close. They dont have any stock any more either. It would make a great ice cream stand, or maybe a far east bazaar.......

Bo, the Lakeland one was just sold. It is now part of a chain of three..I think the other two are in Kissimmee and the Space Coast. Been a large turn over of employees and they seem to go after the sale much more aggressively. I hope this is not indicative of problems...I'd hate to see them go outta business.

Bo, the Lakeland one was just sold. It is now part of a chain of three..I think the other two are in Kissimmee and the Space Coast. Been a large turn over of employees and they seem to go after the sale much more aggressively. I hope this is not indicative of problems...I'd hate to see them go outta business.

Seems to Me Space Coast did close for a short time, too bad it is a nice ride there from Jacksonville on a lazy Sunday, but if they aint Dealing I aint riding that far no more:s

Seems to Me Space Coast did close for a short time, too bad it is a nice ride there from Jacksonville on a lazy Sunday, but if they aint Dealing I aint riding that far no more:s

Yes, Space Coast changed hands recently and have a whole new crew running it. The way its being run now, they wont be around long unless the new LLC has deep, deep pockets. I've been disgusted with them for so long, I I wont miss them if they go out of business. It's a shame too. When they were at the Pineda location it was a thriving place. The new fancy digs the Moco forced on them, pinched them.

Part #53303-07, I just bought it from Zanotti's, gonna install it this weekend. Kinda excited, it will be nice to quickly remove the tour pak when not needed. .

I have the detachable set up on my Electra Glide. A couple of things not in the instructions that may help. Have the bike level. Don't fully tighten anything until it is all assembled, then wiggle everything to get it seated/centered then tighten to spec. I had an irritating rattle that was solved by centering everything and re tightening. Next you'll want a Street Glide style seat that looks good when the T.P. is off. :p

By the MOCO'S new rules Zannotti and the others like Chicago HD are only allowed to sell stock that they have had in inventory before Aug. of this year at a discount,any new stock is supposed to be sold at full MSRP

The MoCo is gonna price itself right outta my price range!! I was looking at a Victory Cross Country the other day.......:s

I have the detachable set up on my Electra Glide. A couple of things not in the instructions that may help. Have the bike level. Don't fully tighten anything until it is all assembled, then wiggle everything to get it seated/centered then tighten to spec. I had an irritating rattle that was solved by centering everything and re tightening. Next you'll want a Street Glide style seat that looks good when the T.P. is off. :p

Breeze, thanx for the reply. I'll do as you say. I'm also in the process of remodeling my house so haven't gotten a chance to install the kit yet but will let you know how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
and remember. over time those plastic pieces flatten out. making things rattle and vibrate. when that happens, just loosen up the bolt a little and turn em one quarter.

Oh, Wow. Thats extreme thinking right there.

Ahhh, not too extreme Bo, that cross country is a sweet looking ride. Not gonna buy though..I'm afraid the economy is gonna get worse and I like the dealer network HD has..good to know when on the road.

Back