free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 14 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

Re: BAD Dealer, Rocket Harley, Alabama, USA

If you want a no nonsense deal at MSRP then you should call Old Fort Harley Davidson of Fort Smith, AR. They only add MSRP HD Freight (from the HD Bike Catalog), $350 for set up, and then any options from the factory i.e Security $370, ABS $845.....no crazy mark ups and no back and forth stupid stuff. They will also give you a very good trade in price for your used HD. I am riding my '08 Road Glide down there and picking up a 2010 Ultra Classic because the deal was so good. Top $$ for my trade in and a big savings on the 2010. I know part of that is due to the 2011's coming in a few weeks but still a great deal. Ask for Ryan, Frank or Michael and tell 'em TJ sent you.

Oh yeah, they price all there bikes at HD MSRP Too.....

Not very often i buy a new vehicle often but here in the uk the dealer of whatever vehicle you are buying should quote the on the road price
however in the distant past i remember delivery number plates and pre delivery inspection being added extras

Brian

If I'm not mistaken the "dealer prep" on new cars is against the law now but they manage to shift the title to "documentation fees" so they still rip you off one way or the other.

Most times it's a negotiable fee so always try it.

I just had one brief conversation with a gentleman at F & S in Dayton OH, and I won't frequent their shop. All I wanted was some information about work they did on a bike i purchased and they were real short with me. Everyday I like Hale's in Mansfield OH.

Hey guys

You suppose we could keep the chat to the other forums and not the specialty threads?

We try to keep these threads limited to only the Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

Thanks

I am very opinionated. It takes quite a bit to get me mad, but I stay that way. If you are traveling through Wisconsin and want my opinion, drop me an email because I do not want to get anyone mad about me bashing.

I am very opinionated. It takes quite a bit to get me mad, but I stay that way. If you are traveling through Wisconsin and want my opinion, drop me an email because I do not want to get anyone mad about me bashing.

This thread is not a place to take lightly. It is not a platform to bash anyone or any dealer. This thread is here for you to warn other members of the problems and lack of service you recieved at a dealership. If you have real issues with a dealer and you discuss them with their management or owner and still feel that you are not being treated fairly you have an obligation as a member of this forum to bring it to our attention. Anyone can have a bad day, but if you have been treated poorly or unethically and the situation is not corrected please understand that the forum wants this information.

Jeff

As long as what you post is an actual experience you had and not a second hand accounting of someone elses experiences and it's presented without language and is factual, feel free post your opinion here.

I would NOT recommend Killer Creek Harley-Davidson in Roswell, Georgia.

Please see the thread Demo Ride Accidents/Damages - Harley Davidson Community

As an update, the event described in the above mentioned thread cost Killer Creek at least 5 new motorcycle sales in the past 3 months (3 Ultra Classic Limiteds, 1 Street Glide, and 1 Forty-Eight). 2 FLHTKs were purchased by myself and the rest were individuals that I referred to a legitimate dealer across town (and warned to stay away from Killer Creek Harley-Davidson). Word of mouth means a LOT in this business, and kudos to this forum (and this thread) for holding these businesses accountable!

What goes around, comes around.

Would not recommend Paramount Harley in Framingham, MA. Many may have had great experiences with them and many of my friends use this dealer and love them....here is what happene to me. I purchased my 2010 FXDC through military sales and Paramount was chosen for me as the dealership to deliver through (the dealership gets a 478 dollar stipend to set up the bike and deliver). My bike was scheduled to deliver on June 9th. I called the dealership daily AFTER June 9th to find out the staus on my bike and by the 16th of June I was constantly being told they had no idea where my bike was. I finally realized I was going to get noplace with the dealership and called my military sales rep and was told they would look into it. 20 minutes later Military sales called back and said that my bike had delivered to the dealership as promised on the 9th but that the receiving department at paramount thought the bike was for stock and not already sold! It had been at the deaership the whole time! When I went to pick it up not only did they not offer to provide anything in the way of a Comp....they did not even apologize for LOSING my bike! Anyway....I lost over a week of riding season and they have lost my business forever and I have chosen a different Harley Dealership to give my business to......which amounts to over 1500 dollars in service and aftermarket purchases over the last 8 weeks.

To add to this comment about Paramount......I realize mistakes happen.....we all make them.....but I definately feel that I was ignored every time I called.....when the military sales rep called Paramount they found the bike in 20 minutes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back