free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 13 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

waugh harley davidson orange va.while working on the road friend had a promblem, guy asked if he bought the bike there said he only works on what he sells small independant shop helped us went home used his shirts we bought for rags

I have to through my two cents in on Grand Teton HD in Idaho Falls Idaho & Eagle Rock HD in Pocatello Idaho, had a attorney contact me about two weeks ago and asked if he could hire me to look over a bike at Eagle Rock HD along with the repair orders and give him my recommendation on what to do? Well the bike came back eight times with leaking fork seals after being repaired from a accident by Grand Teton HD, I won't get into details but the bike was at both Dealerships four times each and was never repaired properly and the owner was told everything on the front end checked out fine by their factory trained techs the 8th time, NOT. Have not heard if it's going to court or the Dealership took my recommendation on how to fix the bike, So beware if your passing through Idaho, Boise has a much better Dealership.

Post your experiences with dealers and what kind of problems you had with them.

You can also post on this site to let everyone know how you feel.

AUTHORIZED H-D $tealers Dealer$
Glider, just a friendly suggestion for threads such as this -- could you make it much more user friendly by dividing and listing the posts by states. For example, I live in Louisiana and really would like to read posts about dealers in Louisiana. Honestly, I might not ever get to ride up in Montana or Oregon, and if I ever did, I would probably forget the good shops and bad shops. PLEASE - I am not bashing the thread - just trying to offer up a suggestion, that in my opinion, would make the information gathered here better and more meaningful.

Bill

Glider, just a friendly suggestion for threads such as this -- could you make it much more user friendly by dividing and listing the posts by states. For example, I live in Louisiana and really would like to read posts about dealers in Louisiana. Honestly, I might not ever get to ride up in Montana or Oregon, and if I ever did, I would probably forget the good shops and bad shops. PLEASE - I am not bashing the thread - just trying to offer up a suggestion, that in my opinion, would make the information gathered here better and more meaningful.

Bill

Great idea Bill but after 135 posts in this thread it would take me the rest of my life to do it.:D

Hopefully each post would contain the location/name of the dealers in question and it just requires a bit of reading to locate anything in your area.

Sorry your request can't be done.

Thanks in any event for the suggestion.

you can use the "Search this Thread" feature at the top of each page and type in the city or state you are interested in, it will also return the results of those that are mentioned (well worth the first level of search).

Great idea GG. Never thought to mention that.:D

Search this Thread
menu_open.gif

Great idea Bill but after 135 posts in this thread it would take me the rest of my life to do it.:D

Hopefully each post would contain the location/name of the dealers in question and it just requires a bit of reading to locate anything in your area.

Sorry your request can't be done.

Thanks in any event for the suggestion.

you can use the "Search this Thread" feature at the top of each page and type in the city or state you are interested in, it will also return the results of those that are mentioned (well worth the first level of search).

You guys are the cat's meow for sure!!!! I tried your 'search' and it worked fine -- only problem, nothing for Louisiana or LA or la -- so I searched by dealer and found -- so it depends on how it was typed in originally - BUT the search worked fine -- Thanks to you both.

Bill

Re: bad dealers tell us what happen

I would not recommend "The Shop" Sudbury Ontario. They played me from the word go .Bought a Harley 2008 Sportster,cash on the barrelhead .Promised me a helmet but reneged on deal. It took me 21 days to get my bike delivered after numerous phone calls . Also did not replace a faulty IAC valve on the warranty.I only had 10 days left on the warranty so they waited til it was finished . They apparenly "cleaned 'the throttle body and changed a "Totally plugged" air filter and charged me 160 dollars . You know what bike Im getting next? I was going to get a big twin and Im going to get a V star Roadliner. Great bike, non of the headaches.

This might not be of any help but Eldridge's HD dealership in Saint John, NB Canada should be watched.

Hubby bought his bike there used and found out that the front tire has weather marks on it. That should not have been sold that way and he never noticed while in the dealership looking at it.

I purchased my bike there and they were great getting my money but not so great with the after care for their customer. They did lie to me about my interest rate while applying for my bike loan. I am a high rate and they said if I paid for a year or so, my rate would lower dramatically. I went to another dealer and they said no, it would not.

I had my bike in for service with them and each time the service continued to be different pricing. Then I was having issues with my bike revving and spark knocking and just not acting properly. I complained to them over and over about it and they knocked me off as a "new rider" and a "woman" and I got upset with them. They finally checked it and realized it was as simple as my air cleaner and plugs needing changed. Wasn't that something they were suppose to do when I paid my $300 service fee??

I had issues with my horn from day one and finally got it changed under warranty at a dealer in the US.

I also found out later that my pipe had no bolts in it and was rusting where it connected to my bike. Eldridge's was suppose to service this bike and should have noticed it but did not or failed to deal with the issues.

Then the last time I had my bike in to see them I asked them about seeping on my engine. It is seeping from my seal onto the fins of my engine and they said that was normal, all Harleys seep. This is a brand new bike, it should not seep. I now have to take it to the US to that dealer in order to get the seal replaced while still under warranty.

I was down there a few weeks ago and wanted to talk trade in. Yes, I've only had my bike for a year and a half but I am ready to upgrade. Once we talked and they realized how much I still had owing on mine he walked away and didn't want to talk to me anymore. I felt like a piece of (EDIT) because instead of educating me and helping me decide what bike I wanted to upgrade to "LATER", they walked away because I was no good to them anymore. No, they were not busy either so he could have took the time to talk to me and help "encourage" me to purchase from them again down the road.

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Overall their sale and customer service while buying is great but the after care is absolutely terrible.

It sounds like they are giving you a hosing from what you posted here. Harleys aren't "supposed" to seep and my suggestion would be to find a better dealer that has your interests at heart.

Back