free website stats program Dealer Customer Satisfaction | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealer Customer Satisfaction

Dealer Status

• Total voters
Long Branch harley in nj. Great guys. Still expensive for regular maintenance and stuff but friendly and attentive staff. A nice small dealer. Then there is ocean county in Lakewood nj - they have been known to actually refuse to help anyone unless they state they are "ready to buy" and have their credit run rt then. It's a shame but the volume the do cause of their location gives them that ability.
Bergen County harley is like long branch. Friendly and attentive. Sometimes people look way to short term. I went thru long branch and the wife will be looking for a bike next year and I'll use long branch or began county...

I live in Montgomery Alabama and our local dealer's service department treats me as if I should be oh so gratefully honored for them to even consider working on my "old" and "high mileage" (01 Road king / 37,000 mi.) scooter. Took it in for Pulley swap on tranny (32 to 34) and oil leaks ( that would automatically be part of the swap ) Well the service writer wrote it up as pulley swap (I'm guessing) and the very next morning I called to tell them to go ahead and do the rocker box's (oil leak!) the service writer begins to inform me that the tech has it almost back together on the primary side but that I was going to have a small oil leak from the shift shaft seal,,,, (EDIT) and the DRAMA begins,,,, went into the "high miles" (EDIT) , $800.00 dollars to replace the shift shaft and since the exhaust had a small crack in it, it would "SNAP" and break in half, so it would need replacing and boy oh boy it just went on and on. All over a $6.00 seal some sorry (EDIT) tech did not want to replace when it was starring him in the face while doing the (EDIT) job. To make it worse I called another dealer in Birmingham and told them what I wanted done (oil leaks and pulley swap) and was quoted a price $125.00 to $150'00 less than what I agreed to pay these Jack Wagons here........ The Service Writers excuse was "You said Pulley Swap " ( He conveniently forgot the oil leak issue we had talked about) and even so, what kind of tech. does that ? and they were not going to call me about the shaft issue, I had called them about the box gaskets remember,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,rant over
:small3d012:

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
All American Harley,Hughesville Maryland
I have only been going to it since Octorber,but more then one staff member has called me a regular!!! Once this past winter i was there late on a Friday nite. I left my Credit Card on the counter,1st thing Saturday Morning they called and said i left it there the night before!!! Funny thing is,I didnt even realize it was missing!!!

I just bought my Ultra Limited from Waco HD. Good people to work with. Made the whole deal as painless as possible, and they threw in a riders back rest and 2 free T-shirts. They wouldn't throw in the $500 110th Anniversary jacket that matched my bike though, but would give me 10% off :(.
I don't think I got enough for my trade, but they did give me $500 more than other places offered. Will never go back to Adam Smith's Texas Harley in Bedford again, even though they are 10 minutes from my house. I'll ride 120 miles to Waco first.

Ive been to Adam Smith's in Bedford,Was there just to get a couple of Shirts

Last August I purchased a 2011 Heritage from Frederick Harley Davidson in MD. Last weekend I decided to flush the brake fluid and replace the brake pads. I noticed one of the slide bolts was missing from the rear caliper. Off to the dealership to buy a replacement. When we looked up the part the whole slide assembly had to be ordered at $45. Dave in parts looked at the picture I took of the missing bolt and suggested I go talk to the service manager. The service writer not only found me a bolt, he insisted I bring the bike in so a service tech can inspect the bike. After finishing the brake job and bringing the bike in so service can check it out, I was waiting for the bill. To my surprise there was no charge for the bolt or service appointment. Considering brakes are a maintenance item I was pleasantly surprised. The staff at Frederick Harley Davidson are great and every time I head down to the shop I am treated like one of the family. :rider

Long Branch harley in nj. Great guys. Still expensive for regular maintenance and stuff but friendly and attentive staff. A nice small dealer. Then there is ocean county in Lakewood nj - they have been known to actually refuse to help anyone unless they state they are "ready to buy" and have their credit run rt then. It's a shame but the volume the do cause of their location gives them that ability.
Bergen County harley is like long branch. Friendly and attentive. Sometimes people look way to short term. I went thru long branch and the wife will be looking for a bike next year and I'll use long branch or began county...
+1 with Long Branch HD.
I've always dealt with Eddie and actually ran into a girl that works there from my hometown . I sold my heritage at one of their open houses. I'm taking a buddy of mine to their open house tomorrow. Love the staff there. And it's close to the beach.ha ha
WAP.gif

First let me say i like everyone at my local dealer, know most by name and some call me by name when i walk in the door, the only problem is that they cant fix shit.

I had a problem with an 18 month battery and the told me the battery checked out good and with these new batteries i needed to put it on a battery tender after each ride, i gave them $50 bucks for a tender and that worked until it was a month out of warranty and then had to buy a new battery (but not from Harley) also know through conversation similar situations have happened with others, one with a 1 month old battery and there is no interest in fixing their equipment.

I also had an issue with a small crater developing on the sidewall of my front tire; they replaced it but not without asking questions that obviously shown they were looking for something else to blame.

i continue to have a problem with the Advance audio system that I have had it into them twice, they charge me for 15 minutes labor and give it back to me saying it is in my settings. when i got it back the last time i made them test drive it over again on an interstate (above 45mph) and came back understanding the problem. But, told me that Harley is like any other company and tells you all of the good stuff about their products and not the bad, further said that I have am/fm/wb/cb/intercom, they just do not work well together so there is nothing they can do.

I also had a problem rear rotors squeaking (which there was a service bulletin about) when they started giving a price on pads and rotors I told them I would wait for the 10,000 tuneup.

my new mechanic mentioned that my emergency break was grabbing on one side 100% but the other side was not grabbing at all - He did not know that i had just had my Harley dealership fix it

2012 TriGlide Ultra Classic w/10,000 miles

Myers Duren in Tulsa and Hideout Harley in Joplin mo both have treated me real good..great service no matter where you bought your bike

Back