free website stats program Daymaker LED Headlamp | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Daymaker LED Headlamp

I have a set of these lamps and agree that there's nothing else quite like LEDs. I started with Kuryakyn but didn't believe the plastic lense would hold up over time, plus I didn't care for the beam it put out, so I switched to Daymakers. It's a bit to set up but once you're out on a dark road, you'll see where the upper limit is (a defined line between light and dark) and whether you're flashing oncoming traffic when you hit a bump. If you see your light hitting too high, just bump it down some. The most precarious position I've been into are sharp curves on mountain roads at night when there's NO ambient lighting. You HAVE to run on high beam or else some deer would be on your fender before you saw it.

I also had the moisture buildup in mine. After two years running them, I called HD, got a case reference number, and they said to take them back to my dealer and they would take care of me. After the parts manager verified my case number, he handed me two new boxes off the shelf, and said have a nice day. Talk about customer service! The case worker at HD said they should not fail and they will make it right with HD owners. I don't know if that would have been true with Kuryakyn.

What I'm interested in now is what it would take to have the aux lamps stay on when switching to high beam.

^. You know there is a wiring kit for about 30.00 from hd. It allows the passing light to stay on when switch to high beam.

^. You know there is a wiring kit for about 30.00 from hd. It allows the passing light to stay on when switch to high beam.

You can also locate the wiring harness under Right side of fairing switch cover and swap yellow wire with orange/red wire (flip/flop) and then you not only save $30, the lights work in hi/low as well...

Been about a Month, and I have a few miles and some wet weather behind me, The Good news, I still have not encountered any Moisture issues. I wonder if they might have solved this with the RG Daymakers as they are a newer design than the older LED headlights (Heres Hoping) There was an earlier question regarding Fog, and having hit it a few times, I see no difference in bounceback from the fog than I did from a regular incandesant light.

Enjoy your day... I am Thankful for so many things :USA :FLORIDA

Got a set on my 09 SG been their sence June and no problems except getting flashed now and then, they really light up the night!

Getting flashed is a common occurance for me (Yes they are adjusted correctly) Seems to be a learning curve for other drivers, similar to when the HIDs first came out. With the exception of one OLD cager (This is Florida by the way) who lives in my neighborhood, I have been very polite regarding flashing back. I finally hit the "Hi's" as my elderly nemesis flashed me yet again. actally flashed is not correct, as it wasn't a polite "Excuse me sir, you seem to have forgotten to dim your headlights) but it was a full out lumen assult that this individual seems to have a passion for. as they sat at the stop sign about a quarter of a mile in front of me they again poured the volts to their puny sealed beams, and I retaliated. (I know Poor impulse control, But hey I only have 4 cheeks to turn) As i rode by, watching their retinas burn as they observed the bones in their uplifted hand, I switched back to low beam and rode off. Was it the right thing to do? Probably not, But last night the individual waved as we passed, and never even hit the switch. Not sure if it was a successful aversion therapy session, Or they knew they were outgunned. :D

Been about a Month, and I have a few miles and some wet weather behind me, The Good news, I still have not encountered any Moisture issues. I wonder if they might have solved this with the RG Daymakers as they are a newer design than the older LED headlights (Heres Hoping) There was an earlier question regarding Fog, and having hit it a few times, I see no difference in bounceback from the fog than I did from a regular incandesant light.
I had the early LED HL and Passing lights. They both fogged up w/moisture in a few months. Dealer did replace them.
Old LED's don't have the "A" in the PN and have a yellow tag on the back of the light.
The yellow tag is a cover for the gas they charge the light with. The gas will eventually leak, then comes the water.

Make sure the new LED's have the "A" at the end of the PN.
They have a hard black seal where the yellow tag used to be.
It still isn't a cure.
I'm on my 3rd set of LED Passing lights.
I did layer a seal of silicone over the black seal, just in case.

Talked to another rider and he was on his 3rd set of HL and Passing lights.
Talking, we found they both gave out after a year.
Hope this new set lasts longer. Too darn expensive to buy twice. If they keep replacing for free, I can live with that.

Back