free website stats program Daymaker LED Headlamp | Harley Davidson Forums

Daymaker LED Headlamp

I finally got in my Daymaker for my 09 RG and am looking for any Hint's /Tips /Lessons learned regarding install challenges...

I am also looking at this upgrade for my 05RG. From what I have read it is pretty much a plug and play install. Please keep us posted and pix would be great!

Plug -n-Play is what I was told by the dealership. Not exactly rocket science when I read the "Destructions" but also not PNP. I guess I will have to get the Service manual for this bike also, As I do not currently have it. I think my least favorite phrase in the Instruction sheets from HD is "See the service manual to....." Maybe they should just rename the enclosed sheets from "Instructions" to something less optimistic. But I gotta give 'em credit... At least the do say "This instruction sheet refers to service manual information.... Available from an HD Dealer" So, as opposed to the pressboard furniture, at least I know there is better information available than what came in the Box! :s

When I had to change the headlight assy. on my 05 the hardest part was getting the fairing off. The manual says you can do it with the windshield attached, but it was a lot easier to handle with it off. Before you start pick up new hardware for the windshield. Once you have the screws out that hold the fairing to the inner fairing you have to lift up to get the fairing off the hanger arms. The manual is worth the price and you will be surprised how much you refer to it. Make sure you put a soft towel or some type of cover on the front fender.

Don't waste your time taking the windshield off, the RG fairing is easy to take off and put on with the windshield still on the fairing, I do it all the time with no problems.

Throw-up some pics when complete - I'd like to compare to my TruckLite-7...thks!

I tried to post a reply via mobile a few hours ago... so if it eventually shows up... I am not really schizophrenic.... and neither am I :newsmile040:

Essentially, Once I hit the longevity and post count I will be more tahn happy to post some pic's If you cna't wait for that, PM me and I can send something via email.

UPDATE: After the Kids got put away from trick-or-treating I took the Glide for a ride... OMG The Daymaker Lamps are AwEsOmE! Spendy... yes, But on the road... I am prolly gonna upset a few people who think I am Shining them

I would be interested to know if they get moisture in them or if HD got that problem solved.

I will certainly keep an eye out for that. If I notice any moisture issues I will most definitely post any information here... Now all I need for it to do is start raining :s

Back