free website stats program Daymaker LED Headlamp | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Daymaker LED Headlamp

I installed Kurakyn LED headlamp, plug 'n play, and works fantastic. I am not mechanical guy, but found it very easy. Great visibility and huge safety improvement. Know why, but don't understand why it isn't standard issue....!

Just a quick update and perfromance of the Daymaker... AWESOME. Even during the day, you can see a definite illumination of the D.O.T. Roadsigns, and at Night the reflectors in the road look like a neon tube. The view from the seat is very good, but you do notice a definite "Upside down umbrella pattern" to the light. Obvously this is a complete oval when the hibeams are on. As stated before, I don't have upload priv yet sou if you would like to see any Photos of the installed light, or ... PM me

WOW...@ $400 these are a tad pricey compared to the TruckLite-7 @ $250. Must be that HD mark-up fee...:s

WOW...@ $400 these are a tad pricey compared to the TruckLite-7 @ $250. Must be that HD mark-up fee...:s

The Truck Lite and the HD are two different brands. The HD is made by JW Speaker. There are differences in function and looks between the two.

The OP is also riding a RG and I can't find a TruckLite with the smaller size units.

Just a word of caution to those of you thinking about upgrading to the HD LED's.

If you ride at night they are wonderful,no one will want to ride in front of you.

However if you want to be more visible during daylight,I found they didn't do that.I had more cases of drivers not seeing me with the LED's.I don't know if it is the whiter light ,but I suspect it is the narrow focus of the light beam.From an angle,not directly in the lights beam during the day you cannot see that you have lights on.

For the price,I expected better night and day visibility but didn't get it.

Dave

I installed the Daymaker headlight and spots about 6 months ago. Easy. Remove the trim ring, remove the retaining ring on the head light and unplug. You need to change the mount that the light is seated in and then replace the retaining ring. I put dialetric grease on the connections while I was at it.
You need a flat 25 foot space to aim the headlight. I had to lower the Daymaker from where the stock light was. It still gets you flashed as some drivers think your high beams are on. At least they see me:bigsmiley24:

Back