free website stats program Crash Boom Bang!!! | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Crash Boom Bang!!!

A number of years ago we were sitting in a restaurant on vacation in Nova Scotia as a guy in a large pickup backed up quickly and just about ran over my bike but just stopped short. Now I try to be more careful where I park.

I have two sons and two daughters. About 10 years ago my eldest son decided to take his own life after a long struggle with the criminal justice system and mental illness. I’ll never forget the last things I said to him (challenged him to get it together) and more importantly the things I didn’t say to him. We always assume we will have more time to make things better but sometimes we are stuck with our last conversation.

Just like the parking thing affects how I park it tempers how I talk to my other children. I still tell them things they may not care to hear sometimes but I’m more careful about it. Some things we can’t fix. We can only go on and try to do better. Hope you get out to see your brothers.

Smitty, you are right no sense getting worked up over it but now, Thursday has come and gone and the bike is not ready. When I called yesterday they said it would be ready to pick-up by 9am and by the time I got off the phone with the guy it was pushed back to 1pm. The dealer said they had a couple of tickets before mine yet they had the bike since last Sunday.
Brother flew in late yesterday afternoon and is down in Daytona already.
OOOWWWWW always me. I swear sometimes I just wonder why. I am sure I have good KARMA. I am the guy who stops and helps the people fix their flat tire on the side of the road. I once towed a guys motorcycle (he was on the side of the highway brokedown) from Wheeling, West Virginia to Washington, DC so he could make it home to see his kids. I give to the homeless. You would think just once things would go my way. I know it sounds like I am (EDIT) and I guess I am, but all I want to do is just ride down to see my brother for a couple of days. Oh well if worse comes to worse I guess I can take take the cage down there.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Slapp, Like you I try to help when I can. I am a God fearing man and I am devoted to my family and friends.I am proud to be an American and have served my country to keep us all free. Last year my Son..serving in harms way came home for the holidays and to deer hunt with his Pa and what happens, I have a massive heart attack and nearly die. didn't get to spend any quality time with him hunting but at least I am here for now. Just goes to show you that God will only give you what you can handle I guess. Maybe you were ment to drive down in the cage.

Hear it is...Had a blast my twin brother picked me up and road me to the dealer to get my bike, they had it ready by noon for me. We went straight to Daytona to meet my oldest brother (whom I havn't seen in a decade) at Destination Daytona. We had a great time and I mean a really good time. You never realise how much you miss people till you havn't seen them in awhile. Ended up staying in Daytona over night and just got home a few minutes ago. He is riding up to my place tomarrow so he can meet my wife and daughter (yes same daughter that ran my bike over). All is good here and just wanted to give you all an update.
I thank all of you for your support. And GLIDER sorrry about the slip up on an earlier post. I won't let that happen again, after all we all learn from our mistakes.

...And GLIDER sorrry about the slip up on an earlier post. I won't let that happen again, after all we all learn from our mistakes.

No problem as long as we understand the forum rules.:s

Understandably you were upset!

Yes, glad you got to see your brothers and going to see your older one tomorrow, it's always good to have that family time. Best T

In 1972, Ft. Bliss, Tx., I had a 71 Triumph Bonneville. Came home from work and parked bike behind wife's Fiat wagon. Uh huh. She went out, got into car and backed into my bike knocking it over. She shoulda looked and I should not have
parked the bike behind the car.

ride safe

with this being over with were is everyone parking there bike now?

Mine is in my harley parking space a place safe from cages.

Always park mine in it own very own spot in it's Harley Bay no cages allow nor would they fit there!

Ride hard Life is short!
Mike

Back