free website stats program Cost Of Tires? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cost Of Tires?

Dealer here told me about the same thing - I went online and bought the same tires for Heritage for front - $115 and rear - $129 -- tubes, tires, 90 deg valve stems and shipped for 280. A guy here will install them for $100 and brake pads for free. Thats $380 instead of the $650 at the dealer. Quite a savings.

Bill

Regardless of where you buy tires, check the date code on the tire to be sure it is a currently made tire and not old stock.

Harley Davidson Community

Harley Davidson Community

Just put a Dunlop 404 on the rear. I pulled the wheel myself and carried it in. I went to Cycle Gear and paid $144 out the door. That included a small military discount but was still a good deal.

On my 2010 at 13600 miles, the rear was past the wear bars and the front was just below 2/32's. Never have done a burn out and kept my tire pressures at specs. On my 04 Roadglide, I would do 2 rears to 1 front. The new ones 09 and above seem to wear out evenly, with a slight edge on mileage for the rear.

Thanks for the input Glider, like I said I haven't worked through everything yet.. I like the look of the 23 and would be doing a wider tire than the OEM probably 120/70/23 and either run without a fender or do a custom.. She is a daily rider so will definately keep it in mind

Thanks for the input Glider, like I said I haven't worked through everything yet.. I like the look of the 23 and would be doing a wider tire than the OEM probably 120/70/23 and either run without a fender or do a custom.. She is a daily rider so will definately keep it in mind

I can't imagine how you guys do that ...:newsmile055:

Aren't you afraid you'll flip up an alligator or a snake into your lap???:newsmile036:

signed....BUBBIE

I paid 250.00 for both front and rear Wide Whites Dunlop HD tires with free shipping and no tax thru Motorcyclesuperstore.com , they are mounted on a 96 RK, I took tires off myself and had local bike shop mount and balance for 30.00 a piece. all in all under 300.00

After looking at my front tire I think I can get another 5-6,000 miles out of it. My indy shop will do the rear tire for $290. Thoughts?

After looking at my front tire I think I can get another 5-6,000 miles out of it. My indy shop will do the rear tire for $290. Thoughts?

That seem a little High$$. Can you get it broken down to tire/tyre and then post that.?

I would check at a honda or a metric shop. I save many $$ in Az. when i go to the service at their Honda place. Usually getting the same HD replacement stock tire/tyre from them.. Buying tire/tyre from them saves another discount on the mounting ... usually totals 60/80$ less on a front and 100+ on the rear using the same rubber that HD uses logo and all..Yes the logo on the stock usually cost 20$ or more Just to show it...

Couple of weeks ago on my 09 FLHR
I just paid full price (OUCH) at a local High Priced HD dealer for the front and it was 219$ for the rubber, Stock replacement HD narrow white, and GOSH, Only had to pay 1/2 price on the dismount and mount 'cause i had warranty work and front warped rotor,,, tire/tyre,wheel was already off.... Total 299$

Lucky me.

signed....BUBBIE

My thoughts are to shop around....alot! I spent awhile calling around for quotes with metric shops for my 10k service and new rubber. Called about 6 places. Save a ton of money going with the metric indy shop. The only thing was they required a 50% deposit before they would order the Dunlop HD tires because they don't stock them. No biggie. Mine is at the shop now getting new rubber and the 10K. Can't wait to get her back! And I will be saving about $500.

Back