free website stats program Cost Of Tires? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cost Of Tires?

+1 on the motorcycle super store, great prices & service. They also have a list of shops that change the tires at very reasonable prices, just give your zip code.

Just had a new front tire put on at the local dealer, new tube and rim strip for free, mount balance out the door under 200 dollars, peace of mind:s Took less than 1 hour free coffee and popcorn at 6 pm on a Friday:s

OK heres what I paid for my tubeless tires for a 2009 Electra Glide Classic
rear. D407 -180/65b16 ..$195.96
Front..D408f- 130 /80b17 $175.95

Go to the J&P Cycle web site and look up your tires by brand and size. They sell tires just over cost and this will give you an idea of how much lower the price could possibly be. I have found it to be a very good resource.

Gator

Where did you pay that price? HD wants 277 for the rear and about 207 for the front. Can't find the D407 or 408 anywhere else.

Waiting to see what kind of mileage I get out of this 2011.
The 07 was right on the money everytime 13-14,000 rear.
27,500 on the front

I ended up changing out mine at just shy of 12K with 3/32 of tread left on the rear....the wear bars were not showing but I did not want to push them any more. Rear is pretty flat on the bottom making me push a bit harder to get her to lean into a corner. I ride highway alot so guess it is normal to get the flattening on the bottom. Probably could have got much more out of my front but I want a matched set and the stock michelin scorchers are big $$$$. I'll feel better with the matching set anyway. Dunlop K591s.....description says they are a sport touring tire rather than a basic cruising tire. I can't wait to get her picked up tonight and see how she handles.......but I know I have to wait a good 100 miles to scrun them in before pushing any turns.

I have typically purchased my tires and had them installed through the dealer. At no small expense! This time I will be Metzlers doing the work myself probably saving around $130... Haven't purchased the front tire yet because I want to go with a 23 front instead of the 21 in OEM on the front (still ok rubber and haven't worked out the logistics yet). Anyway the rear (ME880 170 60R 17) was $206 from JPC shipped to my door (tax & shipping included) the actual cost of the tire was $173.99. I will secure any other necessary parts from the dealership. Tires are expensive but being we are on 2 wheels the obvious applies.. Try an independent if you want to save money they can secure pretty much any tire you want and tire & labor can be a real savings.

Whitehair

Going to a 23" wheel on the front of a deuce isn't the ideal solution from a safety standpoint. The profile of the tire would be such that if you contact any road hazards that you would be in for the ride of your life if the tire blows out. The larger wheels have a low profile tire and if you aren't using the bike as a show bike and using it as a daily rider, IMO, it's a bad move.

What are you guys paying for tires?
I just had my bike at the dealers and I was talking to a salesman I know, we were out in the parking lot, looking at my bike, and he happened to mention that my bike was gonna need tires pretty soon. Just out of curiosity I had the service guy write me an estimate to replace front and rear tires on my bike.

OK, here's the breakdown. Dealer was kind enough to print it out for me:

40558-82
Tube MT/MU90-16 29.95 x 2=59.90

43118-92A
D402F MT90B16WW 192.95

43164-05
Rim Bands Fit 16" Center 3.95 x 2=7.90

43353-03
D402MU8516WW 229.95

Labor
Approx. 2 hrs 65.00 x 2=130.00

Subtotal:

Sales Tax 31.89

Total amount Due: 652.59

Oh, yeah, this is for a Road King Classic with spoke wheels.
Dealer here told me about the same thing - I went online and bought the same tires for Heritage for front - $115 and rear - $129 -- tubes, tires, 90 deg valve stems and shipped for 280. A guy here will install them for $100 and brake pads for free. Thats $380 instead of the $650 at the dealer. Quite a savings.

Bill

+ 2 on motorcyclesupperstore awsom service and good discounts they always send you discount vouchers for your next purchace and with free shiping its hard to beat i paid about 220 for a set of me880's and had them installed,balanced and laser aligned for 75 so all said and done for under $ 300

Back