free website stats program Complete oil change | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Complete oil change

A bit more ventilation should help with this one so that the air can circulate freely through the storage area

Brian
Brian, thanks for that information. My shop is ventelated - naturally, no fans running etc. It just may be one of those things - humidity and condensation - it happens. I will most likely just have to live with it. The thing is, unless you go out to your shop and check the bike every day, ( I dont) you will not even know when it happens. The condensation will dry up. The cycle of wet and dry is what would cause the rusting over time.

Bill

I don't know if it would help in your case but what I would try is this. I would cut a large square of Vis-Queen (6 mil thick) and lay it down on top of the concrete. Then on top of the Visqueen, I would place some nice living room carpet. Make the square a nice size.. maybe 5 feet by 10 feet. I would bet it would help. It's unbelievable how much moisture comes up from concrete.

I wait when the bike comes out of hibernation to do the oil change. This way I don't have condinsation in the new oil from sitting in the garage all winter. As long as it gets done at either the end or the start of the season.

Back