free website stats program Colorado Bound | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Colorado Bound

i
it would but it has to be certified with receipts and a route plan submitted before hand :(

1030 miles is a good old stint took me 22hrs to do 1052

Yes it does and I have the starting and end witnesses along with all receipts and pics of the odometer.

Yesterday we managed to get to Durango from Santa Fe via Chama and Pagoda Springs. This was 278 miles and added Colorado to the list of states. Today will take us from Durango up the Million Dollar highhway through Ouray, Silverton and Ridgeway. After that we drop down to Telluride for the night. So far we have been lucky with the weather but looks like some rain today.

Thanks for info on Independence Pass. Time to eat and pack the bike.
WAP.gif

I used to live in Colorado and you are definitely in God's country.

I didn't read the entire thread but if you have a chance, the Peak to Peak highway between Nederland and Estes Park is one of my favorite riding roads.

Canyon riding on a two-lane twisty almost the entire way.

Hope you're having a great ride!

Hope you have safe trip. I understand your excitement. I'm leaving on the 21st. with 2 friends I've had since the 5th grade. We're leaving south Fla. and heading through colorado, to california, then north to washington, then back across through montana then angle on home. Ride safe and enjoy.

Hope you have safe trip. I understand your excitement. I'm leaving on the 21st. with 2 friends I've had since the 5th grade. We're leaving south Fla. and heading through colorado, to california, then north to washington, then back across through montana then angle on home. Ride safe and enjoy.

Don't forget to take your friends here at HDT with you.

Hey everyone, I finally arrived home last night around 5:20pm. I am sorry that I have been MIA for the last few days but internet service from my cell phone has been very poor the last few days. I have just downloaded over 600 pictures from the trip and that is just from my camera. I need to spend quite a few hours giving the bike some TLC today as I have never seen her quite so dirty. After that is done I plan on going through the pictures to select the best ones as I will not subject you to so many pictures and continue this post with pictures on a day by day basis from day 1 thru 11. All I can say is what a trip. I hope everyone else on trips is having a safe one and I can not wait to catch up on what has been posted over the last 11 days on this fantastic forum.

Re: Colorado Bound Updated with full write up and Pics

As promised I have finally downloaded my pictures and started the full write up. I will try to put 1 days worth of writing and pictures up every day going forward now for the next 11 days which will sadly bring the trip to an end. Things have just been real busy for me at home and work since I got back on Saturday. I will have the full day one up tonight in a new thread.

Back