free website stats program Colorado Bound | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Colorado Bound

Have a safe trip Mike and if you get near dove Creek Co. give me a shout.
Will do

Managed to get 483 miles in today with 6.5 hours of it in rain. Today brought me through NJ, PA, MD, WV, and VA. After the rain stopped at 3pm I jumped on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Lexington VA for 70 miles and am now checked into the Holiday Inn Express in Salem VA. Time for some grub and sleep. Tomorrow I will make it to Marietta, GA ans should cover about 430 miles of slab. Have a good night and thanks to all for your replies

Mike
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
have a safe but fun trip Mike. i will be where your at this saturday and sunday. I think colorado will be our next trip next year, so will look forward to your post

Man this is tough. I'm still "riding to California" with Pru and now I have to go to Colorado with you guys....don't worry, as much as I enjoy the information on this site, it's this type of thread I enjoy the most. A question if I may, are you taking a mini-computer with you? How do you intend to "keep all of us abreast of your ventures ? Just asking because in July I will be taking a long trip and would like to share our fun with you guys too.

Will do

Managed to get 483 miles in today with 6.5 hours of it in rain. Today brought me through NJ, PA, MD, WV, and VA. After the rain stopped at 3pm I jumped on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Lexington VA for 70 miles and am now checked into the Holiday Inn Express in Salem VA. Time for some grub and sleep. Tomorrow I will make it to Marietta, GA ans should cover about 430 miles of slab. Have a good night and thanks to all for your replies

Mike
WAP.gif

You just passed within about 6 miles of my house. Wish I would have known. I would have ridden a ways south with ya. Thanks for the update.

You just passed within about 6 miles of my house. Wish I would have known. I would have ridden a ways south with ya. Thanks for the update.

Darn, wish I would have known.

Today started with a big change from yesterday, lots of sun. When I hit the road it was 72 and it got up to 94 when I reached Georgia. I got on the road around 8:30 and headed South on 81 to route 8. From there I headed to the BRP again and took that down to route 77. I made some nice stops at Groundhog Hill and Mabry Mill on the way to 77. From 77 I slabed it down to Atlanta. When the temps were hitting 94 I was wishing for a quick shower from the gods above and about 10 minutes I got one, than another, and another. I decided not to stop for the rain gear because the rain actually felt refreshing. I also stopped by Road Atlanta in Braselton, GA. When I arrived in Atlanta we headed out for dinner and some cold ones back at the house. Today I managed to get in 494 miles. Tomorrow is off to Memphis, TN for the night and on Saturday it is time to earn the Bun Burner award when I just ride the slab on 40 from Memphis to Santa Fe, NM. Total for the two days is at 977 miles. Sorry no pics uploaded as I did not bring a computer with me but I have taken lots of pictures and will post them when I return home from the trip.

One thing that really hit me hard today is the feeling of being on the open road and all of the smells that you seem to pass. It reminds you that you are alive and living life to the fullest. The only thing missing from this ride is my wife, wish you were with me.

I will update everyone tomorrow night from Memphis. If anyone lives nearby and wants to meet up just let me know.

Mike

Last edited:
Man this is tough. I'm still "riding to California" with Pru and now I have to go to Colorado with you guys....don't worry, as much as I enjoy the information on this site, it's this type of thread I enjoy the most. A question if I may, are you taking a mini-computer with you? How do you intend to "keep all of us abreast of your ventures ? Just asking because in July I will be taking a long trip and would like to share our fun with you guys too.

Hi robermv32,
Last night I submitted my reply from my cell phone and tonight I am doing it from my friends computer. I will use either my cell phone or the computers in the hotels for the rest of the trip. I took lots of pics with my camera and cell phone but I can not edit them on my phone to be the required size for this forum. I will post pictures when I get back home at the end of next week. Have fun on your trip and be safe.

Mike

Back