free website stats program Colorado Bound | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Colorado Bound

Mike I just noticed your join dateto the forum was a year today. You sure picked a great way to spend your anniversery.

Just got to Memphis, TN after 407 miles today with great weather. I managed to hit Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee. Making it a total of 11 states and 1,384 miles. I also manage to ride a bit of Natchez Trace. Started the day taking 75 to 20 through Rome to 411 to 72 through Huntsville, Alabama over to Natchez Trace. After that e took 69 to 128 to 57 into Memphis. Time to grab some dinner.
WAP.gif

Chapma?? Maybe Chama, NM??, very nice places but be aware of the Deer, Elk and Tourist on the Highways. I spent 20 years in the 4 corners many nice spots to see. Veras restaurant in Chama, if it still there, Very Very good Mexican Food. Oh and if you see my Ex wife....you haven't seen me, hahaha. Ride safe and Have fun.

Chapma?? Maybe Chama, NM??, very nice places but be aware of the Deer, Elk and Tourist on the Highways. I spent 20 years in the 4 corners many nice spots to see. Veras restaurant in Chama, if it still there, Very Very good Mexican Food. Oh and if you see my Ex wife....you haven't seen me, hahaha. Ride safe and Have fun.

Yes I meant Chama.

We managed to get in 1,030 miles yesterday and 4 more states, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico. We just missed the big hail storm in New Mexico by about 10 minutes. We saw some great scenery along the way. Today we are off to Durango, Co and only going to get in 300 or so miles of smiles. Total millage so far is 2,438. I will most likley start a new thread when I get home in more detail and pictures.
WAP.gif

Make sure you hit Independence Pass (12,094 feet) just NorthWest of Colorado Springs. Wife and I just made a 3 day 1825 mile run out there and it was fantastic. Have a great trip.

Yes I meant Chama.

We managed to get in 1,030 miles yesterday and 4 more states, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico.

Man, did ya get to see anything? 1,030 in a cage is a big, big day. But on a bike, you must of been hauling pretty fast as they say. Glad you're having a good trip. Keep the updates coming and cant wait for the pics.

Yes I meant Chama.

We managed to get in 1,030 miles yesterday and 4 more states, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico. We just missed the big hail storm in New Mexico by about 10 minutes. We saw some great scenery along the way. Today we are off to Durango, Co and only going to get in 300 or so miles of smiles. Total millage so far is 2,438. I will most likley start a new thread when I get home in more detail and pictures.
WAP.gif

Hey Mike, that qualifies you for the Iron Butt award, doesn't it? That is one long day in the saddle!

Make sure you hit Independence Pass (12,094 feet) just NorthWest of Colorado Springs.

+1 on Independance Pass. I rode it in '08 coming back from Sturgis (see my avatar). Plenty of tight hairpins, scenery, and love the sign at the top for pictures. Just make sure you have warm clothing, it can get real cold up there on a summer day.

Back