free website stats program Close call saturday. Need advice | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Close call saturday. Need advice

10 out of 10 for evasion using all the resourses at hand to stay safe and upright
Sounds like you have checked out most of the front end so perhaps the problem area is at the rear and it is affecting the front end

Brian

Glad you are alright, Steve. one question, if you put the Bike on a Jack and take weight off...tires on the ground yet... with the front and rear tire inline, do the Handlebars still appear straight as they should?

just wondering if the front end had a twist to it now that was creating your symptoms...you have already checked most all of what i would have.

Glad you and your wife are ok. I would check the rotors and the caliper. You may have torqued the caliper mount.

The guys do have a possibility....slightly warped/ bent rotors are one of the more difficult demons to catch. Does the front brake feel normal...or maybe a bit soft ? Worth asking as I've been there.....
WAP.gif

I haven't been able to check anything more today. Just got home from work an hour ago, time enough for a shower and a bit of conversation with the family. Tomorrow will be another long day so Saturday I will check it out and post what I find.

Glad to hear that you and your wife are okay after that! Good luck tracking down the problem. Sounds like you're ruling out a lot of stuff and zeroing in on the problem. Again, glad you both are ok!

STEVE07,

Glad you and your wife are ok. From what you have done already I would venture a guess that the problem may be a tire. Good luck!

I didn't check anything more this past weekend. I had a chance sat. afternoon to get away until today so I took it. Rode about 400 miles over the weekend, still the same. I have lifted the bike and checked the rotors and visibly checked the tire again. I don't see anything. The underside of the bike is pretty scraped up. Time for me to look towards the rear.

hi steve good that you didn`t have to kiss a bumper. two things - when you pulled the front tire did you check the axle shaft bolt - bent ??? 2nd did you check your brake lines to front calipers , have had mine move and hit front fender & will vibrate thru handle bars. Glenn

Back