free website stats program Cleaning White walls | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning White walls

I found the best thing is an sos pad, it makes them look showroom new. I have never put any chemicals on any of my bikes. I learned my lesson back in the early 90's putting that crap on my white letters on my pick-up tires and watching it eat my rims up. No chemicals whatsoever for me, just good old soap and water.

Thats what I used to use on the raised white lettering on the tires on my Camero - back in the late 70's... Worked pretty good too!

My new Softail Deluxe may look nice but those wide whites are a challenge. I tried Bleche wite and SOS and cleanser and they all worked OK. Bleche wite works well on my raised white letters on my cars and trucks but didn't do the job on the Deluxe. I used to use lacquer thinner on my 56 Ford and tried it and what an improvement. The tires look absolutely bright white and sometimes the old ways are still the best. I don't think that the sidewalls will be impacted at all by this process.

Back