free website stats program Changing to Michelin Commander IIs from Pirelli Night Dragons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing to Michelin Commander IIs from Pirelli Night Dragons

I hear you.
I'ma talkin 'bout summertime black ice :)
I may be in Arizona where it is still in the 30s on my way to work but, man, when I am coming home in the rain some of these newly paved switchbacks are treacherous!

Scratch that, I rode with a guy, today, who has them and I'm moving that direction. His tires have 11000 more miles on them than mine and look like they still have another 5000 left on them. Since I rode with him I saw how he rides and since he lives near me I know he rides the same roads.

I prefer Avons myself but anything would be better than the Night Dragons. I don't care about mileage; lucky to get 6K miles out of a rear tire. The Night Dragons are the only tire that have put me on the ground from a loss of traction.

I really cannot afford 6 rear tires a year @ that price.

Well, fortunately, with three bikes I don't put 36K miles on a single bike and at the reduce rate I have been riding the last two years, a tire could last two seasons.;)

OK Guys (and Dolls!), been away from here a while. Can you spell d-i-v-o-r-c-e?

Anyway, here's some feedback on the MichCom IIs that I had installed back in April '18. I now have over 15k miles on them! Rear still has some meat on it, but the front is ready for a change. That is very good wear in my experience. I am a daily (weather permit) rider, and with the air temps here in Houston close to the century mark and the highway surface temps 20+ more, the mileage I got from the Commander IIs is impressive.

I did have an issue with the front when it was new. The shop couldn't get the wheel to balance. There is no alignment spot on the sidewall, so the shop mounted it as is. They finally had to break it down and rotate the tire 120* and then it balanced out mostly. Still a bit of bounce, but probably only cause I was hyper-sensitive to it and noticed it. Might have just been psychosomatic!!

Anyway. I think I am gonna try the Metzeler ME888 ULTRAs next, if I can find them. Haven't done them on any of my bikes. Will let y'all know how they do!!

Cheers,

TQ

I agree with jamesearl, usually 2 to 1 has been my experience.
Check out Jake Wilson online, good prices and free shipping.

Back