free website stats program Central Florida to New Orleans | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Central Florida to New Orleans

One quick thought:newsmile100:

I like it Joe. Was thinking along those lines myself. How about have him riding towards the viewer, wearing a dirty sweaty t shirt with big ol' stains on the front and, underneath the following: "Hawgs eating Hogs!":D

Redfish I will definately do that. Looking forward to it.

Don. I appreciate the offer and just might take you up on it. Wife and I are looking forward to this ride and to meeting new people.

Jayson, thanx for the info..El Governor sounds like my kinda place..

I'll keep you guys posted.

Here's an update: Due to my daughter's wedding on June 5 my funds are rather short so we will be unable to make the trip. To Redfish, Don and others I appreciate your input and gracious offers, unfortunately won't be able to take advantage of them this year. We are trying to squeeze in a few days in South Florida, maybe run down to Alligator Alley and spend a couple of days but the long trip to Mississippi has been cancelled. Thanx again for all your help/offers.

If you decide to come to N. Fl. instead of south the offer of the cottage is still open. Good luck on the daughters wedding.

Its too bad you wont be able to make up to this part of FL. If you (or anyone else) ever comes into Ft Walton you must go to Helen Back on the island for pizza. Its the best pizza I have ever had!! The place has a big deck on the back so you can sit and watch the boats on the intercoastal water way.

UPDATE: Despite numerous obstacles, wife and I did take a trip. Started out heading to Key West with a buddy of mine riding his '10 FLHTX (nice scoot!!),then heard about an outbreak of Dengay fever in Key West so....decided to head north to the Outer Banks of North Carolina..wife wanted to see the lighthouse on Cape Hatteras. Anyway, north we headed through the Ocala forest to St. August where we stopped for lunch. topped in St. Augustine. Ended the first day in Charleston, SC. Visited Charleston (checked out a reproduction of the Confederate Submarine (yes, submarine) Hunley). Ended that day in Havelock, NC from there it was a ferry ride to the Outer Banks. If you've never been there, it was a great time. Weather was great on the way up but on the way back got rained on quite a bit. Pictures are attached.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

More photos:

the first is of the wife and I in Charleston, SC. Then you have a photo of Roanoka Island, NC. This is the same Roanoke of the "missing colonists" fame. Finally, a photo of the reason for the trip, the lighthouse and Cape Hatteras. You know, the wife didn't even go up into the lighthouse, she just took that picture, turned around and told me, "OK, let's go". hehe. Gotta love her!

Attachments

• Lakeland.jpg
    Lakeland.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 34
  • mybike.jpg
    mybike.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Richardbike.jpg
    Richardbike.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Ocala.jpg
    Ocala.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 30
  • ocracokeferry.jpg
    ocracokeferry.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 30
  • MoniandIcharleston.jpg
    MoniandIcharleston.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 34
  • RoanokeIsland.jpg
    RoanokeIsland.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 29
  • HatterasLighthouse.jpg
    HatterasLighthouse.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
Alright guys, gonna try this trip one more time. Currently the wife and I, along with Richard (the guy on the red FLHX) are planning a ride to New Orleans. We plan on stopping somewhere around Perry, Florida for a couple of days as Richard is looking to buy some land up in that area. Currently plan on staying at the KOA in Perry, in one of their little cabins. Give me some ideas reference food/activities to keep us busy. We should be up there sometime in mid September and be there a couple of days at least. Be good to see some of you guys if possible. I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: Trip is scheduled for the week of Sept 5. We're currently gonna stop in Perry then head West on Hwy 98, hugging the coastline to New Orleans with a stop in Mobile Bay. Got the bike ready to go, just waiting now.

UPDATE: Trip is scheduled for the week of Sept 5. We're currently gonna stop in Perry then head West on Hwy 98, hugging the coastline to New Orleans with a stop in Mobile Bay. Got the bike ready to go, just waiting now.

We'll be looking for you!!

Back