free website stats program Central Florida to New Orleans | Harley Davidson Forums

Central Florida to New Orleans

Mavagrand

Come August 1, my wife and I are loading up on the bike and heading to New ORleans. Gonna ride up on hwy 19, on the gulf side, through the pan handle of florida and into New Orleans. Don't have any idea what sort of attractions/restaurants are on this route as neither she nor I have driven this route before. anyone have any suggestions on "must see" places along this route? thanx.

Give me a holler when you get to Mississippi. We will go get the best BBQ you have ever tried! I'll PM you my number.

Not sure How big a Hurry you are but to swing into Cedar Key at Hwy 24 is a worthwhile stop with lots of good Restaurants to choose from my favorite being Froggers.. Farther up after get on Hwy 98 Might want to check out Appalchicola down on the Bay .. Reminds me of the Old Florida I grew up in .. Farther up and may be ready to stop for the Night is the El Governor in Mexico Beach .. Very Biker Friendly and reasonable as well.. Good choices of Local Cuisine close by ..

I,m a little prejudiced but one town up the coast from Ceder Key (tourist trap) has the best seafood rest in the area, Salt Creek. Hw19 to Old Town, Hw349 to Suwannee (24mi from Old Town). If you need a place to stay over after a great meal I'll open up the cottage for you. If your here in the morning I make a pretty good omelet.

Redfish I will definately do that. Looking forward to it.

Don. I appreciate the offer and just might take you up on it. Wife and I are looking forward to this ride and to meeting new people.

Jayson, thanx for the info..El Governor sounds like my kinda place..

I'll keep you guys posted.

Have a great ride, wanted to do New Orleans from Jax. Florida, we did Jax, to Key West and bike week instead, there is always next year Be safe and take some pictures,:p Jack

If you are taking the beach route from Pensacola west, stop in at the Flora-Bama on the FL AL state line. Always a hoot and the food is not bad either.

If you holler at RedFish Joe, he is probably talking the Shed, the best BBQ around, I'll meet Ya'll there.

If you are taking the beach route from Pensacola west, stop in at the Flora-Bama on the FL AL state line. Always a hoot and the food is not bad either.

If you holler at RedFish Joe, he is probably talking the Shed, the best BBQ around, I'll meet Ya'll there.

I'm always up for a BBQ ride, where is the Shed? Thought about starting a club called NBBQTF MC--No BBQ To Far Motorcycle Club.:newsmile100:

I'm always up for a BBQ ride, where is the Shed? Thought about starting a club called NBBQTF MC--No BBQ To Far Motorcycle Club.:newsmile100:

Gator that sounds like a plan.

HDDon there are two Sheds here but the one in Gulfport is the better of the two. Food is the same just better parking, more elbow room and a nice area outside to enjoy the weekend blues bands.

Thanks Redfish I've got Gulfport on my radar for the next trip to Texas this summer.

Back