free website stats program Caught out after dark | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Caught out after dark

I enjoy the night rides except how close cages like to run up on my back. Still considering that flamethrower attachment.

We have plenty of critters here in Missouri that seem to find their way onto the roads at night, so you always have to watch in front ... and left ... and right as you're cruising. So, I agree with everyone's suggestions to stay alert.

But, the only thing nobody has mentioned so far are the thermoclines. I really love to be running along and suddenly hit that pocket of air that is instantly 10 degrees cooler, the smell, the chill. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Am I alone on this one?

Mike

I ride almost every night, I started off with clear glasses then switched over to yellow tinted glasses as it cuts down the glare. Don't overide your lights and watch out for deer and other critters, I have deer crossing the road in front of me too many times too count, as for cagers I was getting tailgated till I put on a led tail light that blinks when i hit the brakes, its really bright and have noticed most cars hang way back now. Still waiting on my led headlamp as its on backorder. But riding at night is very relaxing, nice and cool, less traffic, and just more time on the bike. Have fun and ride safe!

But, the only thing nobody has mentioned so far are the thermoclines. I really love to be running along and suddenly hit that pocket of air that is instantly 10 degrees cooler, the smell, the chill. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Am I alone on this one?

Mike

My favorite... almost as refreshing as the cool air coming off a lake in the summer.

I'm only scared of the deer and other critters around here. A racoon or oppossum would definitely want to yank the bars from my hands. Other than that, I L-O-V-E nighttime, backroad, country driving. Also, I'm not afraid of dirt-roads. My poor sporty, she's a very dirty girl lately, it has a nasty layering of road grime and dirt. Oh well, at some point I'll clean her again. Maybe.... :D

Am I alone on this one?

Mike
Late Monday morning, I was on a 100 mile Hamburger run through some previously unridden GA back roads, when I came down a dip in the road and the temp dropped about 10 degrees from 90 to 80. It felt so good, I turned around and went back. No creek, or bridge, just a shady valley. It sure felt nice. :)

Different dangers requiring different skills or at least heightened awareness, but like so many others I find it soooo enjoyable. A boy/girl and his bike, a dark, deserted country road...does it get any better than this? Rock on.
Ishmael

Back