free website stats program Can You Purchase a Harley Under MSRP? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can You Purchase a Harley Under MSRP?

So If I walk in the door with 1/2 down, I could probably get my 23k bike for 19k?

Probably...not.. they are going to their money somewhere.. You can get a fair deal..if you look around and use your head.You can get a better deal on the less popular models.. and colors, dought they will take to much off on a cool blue or rootbeer model ??? Then again money talks ...:s

Probably...not.. they are going to their money somewhere.. You can get a fair deal..if you look around and use your head.You can get a better deal on the less popular models.. and colors, dought they will take to much off on a cool blue or rootbeer model ??? Then again money talks ...:s

Well the plan is to have half down and bring my own financing. I will no doubt have to order what I want.

So I will shop all the stealers within 200 miles of me and see who will give me the best price. (Since all the stealers in the local area are owned by the same people) Mabe shopping near the end of the model year is best in this case. By the way, No trade. Thanks

Mabe shopping near the end of the model year is best in this case.

That is really no big advantage to that because you will ride your New bike for just 3 months and it will already be 1 model year old. I have been down that road before. Your savings is offset in model year depreciation.

For me a lot of it is finding a store and salesman I like to buy from rather than just a bottom line price. (within reason). If I like the place & salesman, I find myself giving in a little more especially if they are in the ballpark and not just rolling me over.

My local dealership goes through salespeople like I change socks. I don't think I have seen the same face twice (with small exception). For me that is a big turn-off. They hand you a business card with the the guys name written in with a pen. They call themselves "The Worlds Largest Dealership". You got me on that claim... Maybe in square footage only.

That is really no big advantage to that because you will ride your New bike for just 3 months and it will already be 1 model year old. I have been down that road before. Your savings is offset in model year depreciation.

This is true but there is a caveat - the longer you own your bike, the less of a factor this becomes. The depreciation curve is very steep initially and then flattens out some. If you like a new bike every year or two then you will definitely feel this effect. If you tend to hold on to your bikes for a long time, the "end of model year" strategy might benefit you.

Got my 2010 RK Classic in july.Dealer was going out of business.MSRP was 17,999.... Paid 16,000 ...Out the doorat 17,500

Mill,s HD in Burlington,NJ They closed in July not because of the sales,The family didn't wan't to do it any more'The father had passed and they had enough

the longer you own your bike, the less of a factor this becomes..

Good point Doc, it's really is an inverted bell shaped curve that goes from "Honey! This was a GREAT deal" => "Baby, I really got Rolled" => "Sweetheart, it didn't turn out so Bad. See I am a Genius." :D

Back