free website stats program Can You Purchase a Harley Under MSRP? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can You Purchase a Harley Under MSRP?

Your right about that.

One guy gave me an "Out the Door" price and I said OK. Time comes to pay and he says I owe him $900 in sales tax. I said "out the Door" means sales tax is included in price.
He said NO!, I sad YES! "Out the Door" means "Out the Door" not "Out the Door plus Tax".

Who's right... (if there is a right):)
In the world of Sales that I work in, "Out the Door" means the total amount you pull out of your pocket. In that case I'd argue my point to the Sales Mgr, who won't want to miss a sale.

In that case I'd argue my point to the Sales Mgr, who won't want to miss a sale.

I did go to the sales manager but he backed up the floor sales guy (which he should do) and said I was wrong. But that is OK... In the end I went somewhere else.

How I don't know, but this dealership is still in existence. The place is always empty. This is the same place that uplifts common items (gaskets,filters, high usage parts) by 10% OVER MSRP. Then he says, "because we love you and appreciate your business, we are going to cut you a 10% discount".

But there is one positive thing I can say about this place and that is there's always paper towels and soap in the restrooms!:)

I did go to the sales manager but he backed up the floor sales guy (which he should do) and said I was wrong. But that is OK... In the end I went somewhere else.

How I don't know, but this dealership is still in existence. The place is always empty. This is the same place that uplifts common items (gaskets,filters, high usage parts) by 10% OVER MSRP. Then he says, "because we love you and appreciate your business, we are going to cut you a 10% discount".

But there is one positive thing I can say about this place and that is there's always paper towels and soap in the restrooms!:)

LOL, and a good Meeting place Right Hoop?

"But there is one positive thing I can say about this place and that is there's always paper towels and soap in the restrooms!":)

So this place must be a boutique shop like some Harley stores used to be till they realized selling bikes is more important than t-shirts, hats, etc.
Good thing you bought your bike at a bike shop.
By the way as others have said "Out the door is out the door" sounds like bait and switch going on.

"But there is one positive thing I can say about this place and that is there's always paper towels and soap in the restrooms!":)

So this place must be a boutique shop like some Harley stores used to be till they realized selling bikes is more important than t-shirts, hats, etc.
Good thing you bought your bike at a bike shop.
By the way as others have said "Out the door is out the door" sounds like bait and switch going on.

Seems they are all going this route, IMO if Bruce were still alive this deal could have been hammered out, I had one good dealing with him in 03

I bought my 09 when the 10's came out and found 3 dealers who had the color and everything the same and started negotiating. It came down to two dealers and the last one was about $3000.00 under MSRP. Good luck.

Yes, theres a dealer here in Cement City Michigan who sells under MSRP, in fact we,re looking at an 2011 tri-glide Ultra, they were quite a bit less than two other local dealers. Tim

Back