free website stats program cam bearings | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

cam bearings

Don't look at me, it was that way when I found it!:D LOL. I am thinking it is as BUBBIE described. Looks like the 2 halves of the rod are a little out of alignment when snugged up. Rotate it after bleed down and there is noticeable run-out on a couple of these rods. New set of rods are on their way.

Sorry this took so long. Been pretty busy. New rods installed and they did nothing. Noise is just as bad as ever. My nephew wants to do cams on his bike, so old rods will not go to waste! As this RK is my second bike, it is going to have sit till I have more time to dig into this. Something is not right! Took both of my bikes out for a ride last night, ( one at a time ):p, and this noise is soo noticeable I just have to find out what it is before I can feel comfortable riding this thing.:(

Sorry this took so long. Been pretty busy. New rods installed and they did nothing. Noise is just as bad as ever. My nephew wants to do cams on his bike, so old rods will not go to waste! As this RK is my second bike, it is going to have sit till I have more time to dig into this. Something is not right! Took both of my bikes out for a ride last night, ( one at a time ):p, and this noise is soo noticeable I just have to find out what it is before I can feel comfortable riding this thing.:(

Possible bent valve? Have you done compression test?

Possible bent valve? Have you done compression test?

Just got new gage today. Old one was too big.
Engine hot I got 140#. Added oil into the cyl. and it went up to 175#. I got the exact same numbers on both cylinders. Rear cyl. is quite as can be. Only noisy on the front one. I will say that without a second body here today to blip throttle for me, I can't say for sure that the noise is not coming from down lower, possibly crank area or compensator area.

Back