free website stats program Bugs on the windshield ,what do you use ? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bugs on the windshield ,what do you use ?

I find a hot wet towel on the widnshield for 2 minutes to soak and loosen everything up finished with a microfiber towel to dry works everytime

Pledge and microfiber for me... but sometimes I see bugs as a "badge of honor"...so I leave them on for a little while. My personal best was some type of giant moth I hit at 5:15 in the morning on my way to work. His body must have been as big as half a hotdog. Half on my windshield and half in the middle of my chest. The faces at work were priceless when I pulled in at 0600. It would have taken 3/4 of a can a pledge and a rubber spatula for that one! I waited till I got home for a bucket of water!:D:D:D Felt lilke I got hit in the chest with a tennis ball.

Pledge and microfiber for me... but sometimes I see bugs as a "badge of honor"...so I leave them on for a little while. My personal best was some type of giant moth I hit at 5:15 in the morning on my way to work. His body must have been as big as half a hotdog. Half on my windshield and half in the middle of my chest. The faces at work were priceless when I pulled in at 0600. It would have taken 3/4 of a can a pledge and a rubber spatula for that one! I waited till I got home for a bucket of water!:D:D:D Felt lilke I got hit in the chest with a tennis ball.

OUCH - sounds like the time I went riding through the rice fields in Northern CA for a bit & hit every bug swarm hovering around. Got home & pretty much looked like a rider with bug "sprinkles" & these weren't the ones you get at the local Dairy Queen...

I carrry a can of the cleaner(don't know what the name is) that the Honda shop sells and it beats the pledge any day. And as I have posted before I have four cans of pledge I will gladly give to some one if you will come get it.
I use the Pledge and a Micro fiber after each ride and to be honest with you, it really does do a great job. I don't see what your complaint is. How is the Honda product more superior? I'm sure you get good results with the Honda product but the Pledge (Orange) does a good job for me and I'm fussy.

time permitting, I use a bath towel soaked in hot water & soap and then I let it sit on the shield while I wash the rest of the bike. Hot soapy water softens up the bug guts. It comes off real easy with a sponge after that. Pledge the shield after it's clean and you're GTG.

I live in south fl. and we have love bugs, they are hard to get off. I use Bug slide and it works real well.have used it for about three years.

I carry a small can of Plexus windshield cleaner & polisher with a micro fiber cloth. I like it because it helps remove the small scratches also.

Last edited:
Back