free website stats program Bugs on the windshield ,what do you use ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bugs on the windshield ,what do you use ?

Some great ideas here already, so Pledge doesn't leave a residue behind on the windshield? I was just using paper towels to transfer moisture onto the windshield ,to soften up the bug splats,then wiping with a terry clothe. Does the Harley Gloss work in the same manner as Rain x products? Thanx for the replies boys,always looking for better ideas!

Some great ideas here already, so Pledge doesn't leave a residue behind on the windshield? I was just using paper towels to transfer moisture onto the windshield ,to soften up the bug splats,then wiping with a terry clothe. Does the Harley Gloss work in the same manner as Rain x products? Thanx for the replies boys,always looking for better ideas!

Dont use rain x on a H D windshield unless you want to buy a new one, try pledge or Novus Polish

I always carry a WET washcloth in a ziplock baggie and a clean t-shirt.

At every stop, the wife cleans the bugs off the windshield :)

I did the wet washcloth and baggie, and squirt bottle for years on my metric..and still got the micro swirls. Technically not really a swirl as I never went circular motion when cleaning..but still had the micro scratches. In my opinion..there ain't no avoiding them on these lexan shields.

Get yourself an F4 windshield and be done with it. That's where I'm going next..when I get some money to play with.

I carry a small bottle of Bug Slide with me, this also works on the whole bike as a cleaner and detailer while out on the road.:)

I carry the small bottle of Bug Slide and a micro cloth in my saddlebags as well. Great stuff. Coat the windshield with it before you ride and the bugs come off quite easily. Then, wipe it down with you're done riding and it's ready for the next trip.

Plexis with a lint free cloth. Works well on the helmet visor too.

I did the wet washcloth and baggie, and squirt bottle for years on my metric..and still got the micro swirls. Technically not really a swirl as I never went circular motion when cleaning..but still had the micro scratches. In my opinion..there ain't no avoiding them on these lexan shields.

Get yourself an F4 windshield and be done with it. That's where I'm going next..when I get some money to play with.

You can fill them pretty well with canopy polish or any high end polish for plexi glass. Cee Bailey sells from pretty good stuff along with McGuires (not sure how to spell it)

Last edited by a moderator:
I always carry a WET washcloth in a ziplock baggie and a clean t-shirt.

At every stop, the wife cleans the bugs off the windshield :)

Oh-oh, found someone who does "windows"...Bill Gates would be proud...just don't get hurt and assist her on occasion! :newsmile100: A good followup with light spray of Pledge and subsequent "bug hits" will remove easily! :D

Last edited:
I carrry a can of the cleaner(don't know what the name is) that the Honda shop sells and it beats the pledge any day. And as I have posted before I have four cans of pledge I will gladly give to some one if you will come get it.

Back