free website stats program Boots | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Boots

I wear Danner boots, made in Portland, Or. The Power Foreman GTX with Vibram, oil resistant, concrete cushion soles, are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. They are lined with Gore-Tex, so are waterproof. They cost about $225, but last a long time with proper care and new soles annually.

I bought a pair of HD boots and put some gel inserts inside and they are great for riding but don't work well if I have to be on my feet for a long time. I tried one day during bike event and by end of day, feet were incredibly sore so now I just stick with my Carolina 4x4's. Nice boot, oil resistant,Vibram soles with special drying agent inside boot that keeps feet really comfortable. They look more like work boot than riding boot but the comfort factor is all that matters to me.

I also seem to have the problem in that every time I find a shoe/boot that I like, it gets discontinued. ( I was just told same about the carolina 4 x 4's) WHy? WHy? WHy?:wall

I am with you Vibe regarding the Gel inserts, I use them on all my footwear and yes, good things that last tend to be discontinued because "Guys like us don't buy a second or third pair to keep the supplier in business."

That is why when I know I am buying something brand NEW, I check pricing and availability on the Internet, but BUY LOCALLY usually asking for pricing within 8-10% or so of the lowest Internet price...I don't gouge, just want to keep the mom and pop places in business and lower personal risk buying unknown / unseen stuff on the Internet. :newsmile090:

I agree with you NEWHD, I think its important to keep the mom and pop shops around, Thanks for all the info ya'll ride safe!

I've been wearing the H-D Relief boots, and they seem to be very comfortable. Only problem is the zippers. In 4 months of wearing 5X a week, I've broken the zipper on one pair, had them replaced under warranty, and now the flap covering the zipper is coming loose. I've also got a pair of H-D Release boots, which are pull-on wellington style. Not quite as comfortable as the Reliefs, but still pretty comfortable for both riding and walking. The ones with the newer style soles (can't remember what it's called) tend to be pretty comfortable.

TXMikey, I was wondering about those zippers on some of the HD boots, to me they just look like a weak point in the boot and was'nt to sure about buying a pair like that. Thanks for the heads up on that.

I find if I am walking in my boots with street or sport socks my feet are not too comfy, but if I wear my Techsox walking in boots is not too bad. Techsox are kind of designed for riding. They are a thicker sock and are vented and wick very quickly. Very comfy socks, but I am sure that there are other socks that compare to them. They cost somewhere between 15 & 20 bucks a pair so they ain't cheap

Back