free website stats program Boots | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Boots

I've bought boots from these 2 places and found them to be reliable.
1:TLC Warehouse

2: papashoe_auctionsite

They sell H-D boots amongst others and i thought their prices were good.As mentioned,they were both very helpful,did what they said they would and shipped quickly and cheaply.These are both ebay stores;i dont know if that will have any effect on your thinking.:dknow

Hope this helps.

Vasque or Merrill hiking boots or shoes for me most of the time. Mainly because I can work in the boots, but on some days, I will even ride in my sneakers.....not often, mostly on the really hot days.

I have a pair of Russell I wear everyday (work, hunting riding, ect.) and love them. They are the best all around boot I have ever had ans hold up great. If you send them your measurments they will make them to fit your feet no extra charge. they are all hand made. I have the Russell Cavalier. When you get them made for you they will let you pick the leather you want them made from and soles. they also have a few extra things you can do to your boot also. You can check out the website: Sportsmen's Footwear Since 1898 - Fine handmade custom fitted moccasin style boots and shoes for hunters and outdoors men and women!

If you are wanting to stick with cowboy boots, Ariat makes several styles with no-skid soles and heels. I am wearing the Heritage Horseman and they are comfortable.

Harley boots are cheap chinese junk. That's not to say that some of them won't work fine. But most won't.
Cowboy boots are fine, if that's what you like, as long as they have a quality non-slip sole. Vibram 100 lug soles are the best. They come standard on all of Wesco's $400 boots. Vibram mini-lug 432 soles are good also, as well as some of the custom soles they make for American bootmakers like Chippewa. You can get Chippewas for around $150 if you look around the net. They make Vibram soled cowboy, engineer, harness and logger boots in Missouri.
Beware, though. They were bought by Justin a few years back, and Justin does put the Chippewa name on some chinese slave labor made junk.
You can also have an old pair of favorite boots resoled with Vibram soles.

I would buy some specific to riding. Nothing worse than dropping a leg to stop and having your feet slide out from under you!

I would buy some specific to riding. Nothing worse than dropping a leg to stop and having your feet slide out from under you!

I have been wearing boots w/o the proper sole and they are too slippery. My HD boots are OK for Chinese made crap but riding boots will not usually be comfortable for walking regardless of who makes them. They are made for riding.

BTW, I will not be buying any more HD boots and little to no HD clothing because they are all made in China. =) maverick

The whole Harley accessory thing is Chinese, so is Kuryakyn. We must be nuts to supprt this junk paying premium money to support some company that is using almost slave labour. Just think, we are riding our American made motorcyles with all this Chinese junk adorning it and we are laughing at the riders on their Jap bikes, thinking that we are better because we support a American company.

Kemo I bet you do, with shoes of that size. Thanks guy's I appreciate your info. I just need to find a better pair of boots or do like flh canuck did. Y'all ride safe

Have used "Wellington" style slip on boots for many years. They fit slim around the calves so they go under straight cut jeans, have non-slip, oil resistant, chevron pattern, neoprene heel & soles. No "Foo-Foo stuff" like rings or rivets, plain round toe black & polish up with just a little boot creme & horsehair brush when I have to "dress" in Corporate casual. :yes

Most recent pair are Wolverines in black, had to buy them special order I wear size 7, (I am "slight of build" heh-heh) and $160 lighter, but they last for 5 years or longer based on 4 out 7 days use, and worth resole'ing. Use to use Red Wing, but they got cocky and their customer service became lousy. I always try to buy USA stuff, but most of your big manufacturers have offshore labor, even ACME, RED WING, WOLVERINE (mine were made in the Dominican Republic...):(

When I rode sportbikes I still used them because once you climb off the bike, you wanted to walk around in them comfortably and NOT HAVE to carry around a spare set of walking shoes along with all the other gear we bikers carry...:D

Last edited:
I bought a pair of HD boots and put some gel inserts inside and they are great for riding but don't work well if I have to be on my feet for a long time. I tried one day during bike event and by end of day, feet were incredibly sore so now I just stick with my Carolina 4x4's. Nice boot, oil resistant,Vibram soles with special drying agent inside boot that keeps feet really comfortable. They look more like work boot than riding boot but the comfort factor is all that matters to me.

I also seem to have the problem in that every time I find a shoe/boot that I like, it gets discontinued. ( I was just told same about the carolina 4 x 4's) WHy? WHy? WHy?:wall

Back