free website stats program Boots | Harley Davidson Forums

Boots

cuznjed

I dont know if it has been brought before but what is a good boot and what type of sole works good when y'all ride? I wear cowboy boots and the heel slips alot at lights where cages have left oil and antifreeze. :s

I prefer cowboy boots as they are the most comfortable footwear for me and they are easy to put on and take off. The soles are really slippery (even when not trying to hold up an 800 pound motorcycle. I took mine into the local shoe repair store and for about $45 bucks, they installed rubber soles on the bottom of the heel and foot. Well worth the money...

I have a pair of black cowboy boot style Carolina's that have a oil resistent hard rubber sole. They work pretty well but aren't all that comfortable if I need to do any walking around. Mostly I wear a pair of hiking boots. They come up over my ankles, are comfortable when I need to do any walking around. When it comes to making a suggestion I second what Smitty said. Shop around and find something that you like and is comfortable for you. My experience is that if you're not sure, don't buy it and do some more looking or research.

I have 3 pair of boots. First pair are Frank Thomas. They are a Englishriding boot that are quite high and zip up the back. Next are Red Wing engineers boots and third pair are HH harness boots. I wear a size 15 so whenever I find a boot that size I buy it especially if it is priced right.

Kemo I bet you do, with shoes of that size. Thanks guy's I appreciate your info. I just need to find a better pair of boots or do like flh canuck did. Y'all ride safe

I have 3 pair of boots. First pair are Frank Thomas. They are a Englishriding boot that are quite high and zip up the back. Next are Red Wing engineers boots and third pair are HH harness boots. I wear a size 15 so whenever I find a boot that size I buy it especially if it is priced right.
I also have large feet. Size 14 4E, and I too buy them even if I don't really need them at the time. Every time I find some I am really happy with, they discontinue them.:bigsmiley19:

Redwings & HH are a good boot and they make large sizes. My dealer will bring Redwings in for me no surcharge. My HH boots I bought at a flea market in Kentucy on the way home from Florida. A boot shop sells factory seconds there for 1/2 price so I couldn't resist a pair of boots for $70. My Redwings cost me $250.

since i have to wear steal toes we get a set amount to spend at work but i have found wolverine makes a fantastic boot. I wear the Wolverine CarbonX boots. instead of steal they use carbon fiber which makes them 10x lighter and are osha approved. Not to mention i stand a good part of the day at work and my feet don't hurt at the end of day. The non-slip & oil resistant sole makes a big difference when pushing around the bike.

i bought a pair of brama swat boots from wal mart like 30 bucks and love them. not slip sole and a compsite toe

Back