free website stats program Billy Lane Charged in Fatal Wreck | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Billy Lane Charged in Fatal Wreck

A mistake is just that, no one is hurt in a mistake. When all you love is splattered across the pavement, it's no longer " oh, my bad, I just got drunk this one time" , it just became gross neglagence and in my opionion, homicide. :bigsmiley31:

JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT ,Bikes ,Cars ,Trucks ,ECT and Booze Do not Mix . Wonder what he is going to say to that Guy's family ? I am SORRY !!!.I am afraid any amount of money and Saying "I Am Sorry " will not bring that guy back . Hopefully Those of us who read the artical will think Twice about Drinking and Driving .:bigsmiley33:

This happened in 2006, is the case still pending? Where's the latest on what is happening with the case? Inquiring minds want to know.

March 5th, Viera, Florida

This happened in 2006, is the case still pending? Where's the latest on what is happening with the case? Inquiring minds want to know.
VIERA — The judge presiding over the Billy Lane DUI manslaughter case hopes to see a trial date set by the end of the year.

Lane, 38, appeared in court today for a pretrial conference hearing before Circuit Judge Meryl Allawas.

He faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted of DUI manslaughter in connection with the Labor Day 2006 death of Gerald Morelock after police said Lane crossed a double yellow line and hit Morelock's motorbike head-on. Authorities said his blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit.

Defense attorney Robert Berry told the court today that his team is still awaiting the results of blood samples sent to an independent lab in Colorado for re-testing. A hearing before a Tallahassee judge listening to their challenge of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's blood analysis procedures is scheduled for later this month, Berry said.

The defense believes police mishandled the blood samples, which may have resulted in tainting that created a false high blood alcohol level.

Allawas set an April 11 court date, by which time she hopes attorneys will have a “firmer handle” on the blood results, procedural challenge and future depositions so that she can set a trial date at that time.:coffee

Re: March 5th, Viera, Florida

They are exhausting every possibility of getting him off, when he was clearly wrong by eyewitness accounts. Drunk (to whatever level) or not, Billy Lane still murdered that guy with his vehicle when he "attempted to pass two vehicles across a double yellow line and before he could make it back into his lane, he collided with Gerald Morelock."

You can tell where I stand on the issue.

Does the drinking make a differance?, this cold happen drinking or not, you cross a double yellow and kill a guy on a bike. you should go to jail.So if he was not drunk you would say give him a brake- no way. people do stupid things all the time, Lane should not be in any more or less trouble because of the drinking.

Does the drinking make a differance?, this cold happen drinking or not, you cross a double yellow and kill a guy on a bike. you should go to jail.So if he was not drunk you would say give him a brake- no way. people do stupid things all the time, Lane should not be in any more or less trouble because of the drinking.

I agree that they should be charged whether they are drunk or not, but not drinking and acting stupid is still manslaughter! Drinking and acting stupid is intoxication manslaughter, which carries a much harsher sentence, inTexas anyway.Both deserve no breaks when you take anothers life away from them, and the ones they love.

It's to bad this happened,i am sure this was an accident but drunk or not Billy need's to be a man and take his lump's.Speeding,passing on a double yellow,young stripper as a passenger,yep,it all adds up.He is a very talented person but some times fame makes you think you are above the law.Drunk or not an innocent person died,if Billy want's to act like a fool he deserves to lose it all.Check out his past,if he wants to act like such a bad boy,he should go to prison where there is some real bad boy's.He did the crime,now he should do the time.At least he is still here to see the sun rise.

Back