free website stats program Bike Week 09 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Week 09

Sittin' here drinkin' my morining Coca Cola (hate coffee) and wondered if any folks out of NW FL, GA, AL, MS had tried riding to Daytona Beach via Perry, Cheiftlan, rings, Ocala, Silver Springs? We usually exit off I-10 east of Tallahassee (Hwy 19 to Capps, then 19/27 to Perry).

This route takes longer than going the interstate all the way but is a nice ride.

Looking at the morning paper, the great state of Florida has raised speeding fines as it tries to close a budget gap. 10-14 mph over the limit now a minimum of $191, Up to 19 over limit is minimulm of $241. Blowing through a school zone is $366. Hope you're not one of the folks who helps solve our budget problems via a speeding ticket.:D

Kicking around the idea of driving my boat from Pt canaveral to Daytona and staying at the down town marina, Halifax Marina. Problem is cost to run it. Takes 100 gallons each way. But if I do anyone who wants to stop by and have a beer is welcome.

Kicking around the idea of driving my boat from Pt canaveral to Daytona and staying at the down town marina, Halifax Marina. Problem is cost to run it. Takes 100 gallons each way. But if I do anyone who wants to stop by and have a beer is welcome.

What that be on a Hatteras? Sportfish?:D
Might take you up on it! My buddy has a 45' SeaRay Sundancer in Palm Beach Gardens off PGA BLVD not a fishing boat but a nice place to hang out when we visit or office in Boynton.

I will be down Sunday to Friday, with the wife and a few friends.

Hat...I live in Oviedo and will be going a couple days as well. Also planning on hitting the Plant City Bike Fest tonite. Meeting up at the Orlando Harley off I-4 at 3:30 this afternoon. Let me know if you are interested in going.

For the most part weather it's bike week or the 105th or any other big bike event, if you basically behave yourself you will have no trouble with the law.
They will be to busy with the real jerks to mess with you.
Riding in small groups if you staying with the flow of traffic they are not going to mess with you. If you you keep you loud pipes under control they are not going to mess with you.
If you put a girl on back topless and do a burn out on main street you may have a problem. If you ride down the street with a cold Bud in you hand you will have a problem.
Riding around town on 1 wheel is a sure way to leave your spare cash in FLA.
Like at the 105th I can not remember seeing a dingle bike pulled over for anything. I can bet you'll see the same treatment at Bike week.

This year more than most FLA needs the money you spent not ticket dollars I would bet. I have been to more bike events than I could ever count. Only had a problem once. And that was en route and now that I look back on it driving my bike in a Motel room in Macon GA to fix it was not a good idea.
That even end well. So riders be cool have fun enjoy the trip and don't worry about it.

I agree.The police in the Daytona Beach area have been accommodating to bikers. No doubt part of the reason is the big $$$ the two biker events bring into area.

Only had a problem once. And that was en route and now that I look back on it driving my bike in a Motel room in Macon GA to fix it was not a good idea.

I dont know about anyone else but I am willing to do a slight partial thread jack to hear about this in a bit more detail Smitty..... :rider

Smitty nailed it on the head 100%
If you go looking for trouble, YOU WILL FIND IT!
They welcome you with open arms, and wallet too.
What they are looking for are the throttle happy people, ape hangers, open container, and women taking their tops off, breaking the law by any means will get you yanked over and a nice little yellow recipt to help you remeber your trip to Daytona. If you don't do any of this, you WILL have a great time.

I have been going for the last 4 years and have always had a great time, seen a lot of others that did not but guess what? They brought it on them selves! You can use this at any ralley you go to.
It all comes down to common sence, but will all know you can't teach that.....

I'll be there the 6th - 8th. If you are there it would be cool to ride over and have a cold one.

Zeke,
We road saturday from orlando to lake wales, found out about Plant City on our way home but could not stop. Will have to do plant city some time. By the way one of the guys that I ride with is from Geneva.

Having to scratch boat trip to Daytona, wife has a medical issue that will be handled that week. Still plan to go to Daytona a coupe of times but cant spend any real time there.

Back