free website stats program Bike Week 09 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Week 09

never been there for bike week, thinking of driving the car there, don't like driving 95 up to daytonon the bike, I would probally consider it if I could find enough other bikes to go, was leaning more towards leesburg, hwy 27 takes me right in

never been there for bike week, thinking of driving the car there, don't like driving 95 up to daytonon the bike, I would probally consider it if I could find enough other bikes to go, was leaning more towards leesburg, hwy 27 takes me right in

US1 north from Melbourne is a nice ride, keeps you off I-95

never been that way Lancer, how long does it take and is it straight thru, that route would only put me on 95 for about 85 miles

never been that way Lancer, how long does it take and is it straight thru, that route would only put me on 95 for about 85 miles

If I remember correctly it took about an hour to hour fifeteen from Melbourne to Daytona. Once you get north of Titusville there are not many red lights and is a nice ride. Right now I-95 is tore up from Palm Bay past Titusville. I would get off I-95 In Sebastian or Palm Bay go east and pick up US1. It is a straight shot thru to Daytona.

I will be riding down with a friend of mine and maybe my dad. We are leaving out early Friday morning (March 6) and coming back on the 8th. We will be coming down I-75 to I-10 then we will pick up 1 somewhere and ride the rest of the way down. I would love for anyone that is going down on that Friday to ride along with us.

If I remember correctly it took about an hour to hour fifeteen from Melbourne to Daytona. Once you get north of Titusville there are not many red lights and is a nice ride. Right now I-95 is tore up from Palm Bay past Titusville. I would get off I-95 In Sebastian or Palm Bay go east and pick up US1. It is a straight shot thru to Daytona.

Current construction is from Rockledge (MM 191) to 528 (MM 205) in Cocoa, approx 14 miles, both North and South bound. The speed limit is 60... Some of the bridges are narrowed south of there.. I know Lake Washington and Eau Gallie are... The road is new, but has grooves and is not quite smooth. There are Jersey barriers on both side of the road for about 12 miles. So there is no breakdown lane.

If you are going to go US 1, I would get off at Wickham. There is construction from Eyester Blvd in Rockledge on US1 to past Barnes Ave, approx 2 miles. The road is bad with mixed paving and well as lane shifts. The traffic is bad in this area.

The area 1 mile on either side of 520 on US 1 is under construction and is really torn up. Mixed pavement, ruts, poor drainage and pot holes... Plan on waiting 3 light cycles to get thru that intersection.... There is also construction in Titusville north of Garden St on US 1.

You might as well stay on I-95 and go to route 46 then cross over to US 1. That gets you north of all the construction. Granted you will have to go thru the I-95 stuff, but IMHO, that's better than the construction on US 1...

But... garlab1, you're talking about riding I-95 from Boca thru the Palm Beaches... Now that's dangerous... I would ride thru the construction on I-95 or US 1 everyday instead of being on I-95 in your area..

Last edited:
Back