free website stats program Bike night....Blown motor? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike night....Blown motor?

Being a wee bit mechanically inclined i undestand how a motor works and how to rebuild it and i would never put any motor through that sort of torture

Brian

While I enjoy watching guys abuse their bikes, I would never do that to my bike. It just doesn't make sense to me :small3d007:

Last year in Myrtle Beach, I watched a guy on a Sporty in the burn out pit.
He put on a great show. He had a huge tach on his bars and kept reaching down and tweeking the rev limiter on it. Finally, with a loud POW, the rear tire let go. He kept the throttle hammered until chunks of rubber were spewing out the back and the bike was jumping and lurching around almost uncontrollably.
I can't imagine how much damage he was doing to the whole bike. That engine had to be way overheated. It took 3 guys to push the bike over to the tire tent afterwards.

Like I said...entertaining, but not on my bike. :nosad

Maybe, on the positive side, they were looking to get a new motor...? ;-)

Ditto w/others - no need to show-off the HD power/sound - we all know they're awesome!

This kinda stuff just further convinces me it's better to ride alone and skip these "events". Sure they have a right to destroy their bikes, but I also have a right to let them be stupid somewhere I'm not.

Back