free website stats program Bike night....Blown motor? | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike night....Blown motor?

JJDH

Went to bike night tonight and there was a loud exhaust contest. One of the louder bikes was hammering the throttle,the bike stalls and wont start again. Later on they were even pushing it around the parking lot trying to bump start it. The bike would not start. In the spot where the bike was parked for the contest there was a puddle of oil under the bike. What do you think could have happened to the engine? This was not my bike...

As Hobbit says, I do not believe in getting a ticket for going ZERO miles per hour and just thrashing hardware. Doesn't take a lot of skill (or brains) to disable rev limiter and blipping the throttle till puddles, smoke or crunching noises ensue.

Now, an exhibition of speed or skill well that is a TOTALLY different animal...on a controlled road or track, why not and competing alongside others, way cool...THINK?

loud exhaust contest !!!!!!!! man even i would not sit thrashing a motor for no reason and run it off the limiter just to make noise, i know this may seem strange coming from me but i do have mechanical sympathy, and its much much better to be doing this on the roll, oil under the motor is either oil out the crank breather, or they have broken the block or blown gaskets, if they were pushing it they obviously had very little idea unless the battery had drained flat?
He cranked it till the battery died, Then they were trying to bump start it.. Pretty dumb, break the motor to win a 50 dollar gift certificate.....

Extreme heat will warp and combined extreme heat and pressure will find it's way out! These ain't short strokin sewin' machines by design! :small3d007:

if the motor is runing the battery should charge and not go flat unless they roasted the charging system which is going to cost loads more than $50
The battery died after the bike stalled because he kept trying to start the bike....:newsmile030: lol

I am of the opinion that besides noise, those competitions don't accomplish much. Probably dropped a valve or worse. Too bad, but I have seen stupider stuff.

Why do people do this kind of stuff? That and tire burnouts have always made me wonder why would you do that to such a beautiful machine.

I ride a lot with a friend and his 95ci open pipes Duce.
Look at me, look at me........ Revs under every overpass, Drag races. Two seasons of this costs $1,000 for cams and lifters. To him it was a $1,000 of fun. What is your fun worth to you, is the question.

Never understood,or seen the need to destroy such wonderful and expensive machines to show everyone just how stupid people can get.If the guy has blown his motor,he deserves it,no sympathy.... the end!

Back