free website stats program Best MC Routes | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best MC Routes

What are the best roads for MC riding (cruising)?

Pretty darn subjective.....

I have friends that think the best roads are the "Open highways"..... hit the left lane, and go with throttle up......

Some that like to cruise through one small town after another

Some that think a ride to the dealership, and then to a bar, is heaven

I prefer the windy back roads.... I and avoid towns and traffic all day, and enjoy the sights and smells

My guess is there are "best roads" for everyone. Reading the various "motorcycle roads web pages"... I agree with some... disagree with others.

Blue Ridge Parkway at the Smokey Mountains especially starting this time of year. (seasons change)

The Smokey Mountains for cruising during the season change (then on to Deals Gap aka The Dragons Tail for some curvy fun)

Back roads of Tn up to and thru the Shelbyville on your way to Lynchburg,Tn then stopping for the Jack Daniels Distilllery Tour and and bite to eat.

Chattanooga, Tn area heading towards Copper Hill, Tn and the Geogia state line

Natchez Trace Parkway from The start at the Loveless Cafe on Hwy 100 in Tn all the way down to Natchez, Miss. lots of side roads to cut offs with places to stop and rest. lots of things to see along the way if you like that sort of thing.

Blue Ridge Parkway, Tail of the Dragon, Cherahola Skyway, Spearfish Canyon, Needles Highway, Nemo road, Badlands, the road home from work, all great rides.

The dragon is a tourist trap...but you need to ride it at least once and et the T-shirt! on't forget highway 80 from the BRP to Marion, or 276 from about a mile or two west of the BRP to Brevard!
Here in Florida, A1A along the east coast:s

Nope... Not in Cocoa Beach. You're taking your life in your hands from Ron Jon's south to Patrick AFB. Traffic, rebels without a clue on cellphones, tourists, snowbirds and every blue hair from the north drive on that portion of A1A.

Jack, I be there for whatever's planned, except A1A in Cocoa Beach.
There is a road south out of the mall in Cocoa that runs south and across a bridge around Patrick AF base. and that same road north from the mall for around 10 miles. Very scenic....

The dragon is a tourist trap...but you need to ride it at least once and et the T-shirt! on't forget highway 80 from the BRP to Marion, or 276 from about a mile or two west of the BRP to Brevard!

There is a road south out of the mall in Cocoa that runs south and across a bridge around Patrick AF base. and that same road north from the mall for around 10 miles. Very scenic....

That road is called South Tropical Trail. Some of the most expensive property in brevard are located on that road.

That road is called South Tropical Trail. Some of the most expensive property in brevard are located on that road.

The Trail down towards Mathers bridge is a speed bump nightmare now. Back in the day we used do faster than the speed limit through there once in awhile....:D
Dont know how long its been since you were at the south end where the Dragon was. He fell into the river several years ago and its causing controversy. :small3d002:

Back