free website stats program Best bolt in cam for Harleys new stock 103" baggers? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best bolt in cam for Harleys new stock 103" baggers?

Yes there are better options for the 103 than the SE255. Both the Woods 5-6 and the Andrews 48H or the 54H(with some head work) would be better choices if you ask me. Another good choice would be the Cycle Rama 575.

Just this morning I was reading on another forum about the 204 in a 2011 Ultra Limited. With no head work, V&H Pro Pipe 2 into 1, SE A/C, TTS MasterTune tuner it made 98/109tq. Had a nice flat torque curve too.

[link removed]

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/590066-2011-ultra-limited-dyno.htmlThere are a lot of people using the 204 in 103's and are very happy with them.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of those choices. JMO

Randall

Yeah, I also saw that thread with the 204's in an Ultra Limited..... very impressive!! I just love that flat TQ line... er.. "curve" I mean. LOL

People have reported excellent results with the new Woods 555.

Theres no doubt this cam is a winner with great mid - upper range TQ/HP, but the only Dyno charts I have seen show the TQ curve to be a little "peaky" and I wonder if the low-end TQ doesn't suffer a bit???

Woods says its a max TQ cam, so I could be wrong. I would just personally like to see a flatter TQ curve... but at the end of the day, you don't ride a Dyno, so real world results may be different.

Anyone put a Woods 555 in a 2011 Factory 103" bagger yet?

So who has actual experience not hearsay or some article you read?

My 103" runs great with the Andrews TW26H.

The corrected compression pressure needs to be considered to eliminate starting problems or detonation.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Here is a dyno sheet i found with woods tw555 in a stock 103 limited with V&H powerduals with V&H round mufflers. Tuned w TTS. There are many dyno sheets on the woods site.

tn661s3.jpg

Further down the rode, When I go 103",,, I may try the 4* off-set gear to move the Intake valve Close to 29* instead of the 25* on the SE 255 cams I have in the 96" Now..

The 96" bike is Low compression and I like the Bump Up in compression and valve Lift (.550) the SE 255's gives.
That increase in compression Might be a problem down the road when go to 103" flat tops and use the .030 head gaskets... the SE255's (more compression Yet then)

In Hot weather with that added compression (103 and .030 gaskets) The run-ability Might be effected by just the Gas you can get today.

When I go 103",,,,I DO plan to use the 4* offset gear to Lower the compression/duration designed into the SE 255 cams by moving the CLOSE of the intake valve from 25* to 29*(+4* gear)..

Install the relief valves at that time also into the heads.

Many have done this 4* gear and is suggested as a "KEY" to Make a stable rider from 96" to 103" and keeping SE 255 cams..

Head work(Dewey's Heads) can also Off-Set the higher compression IF it is a problem. I'll take His advice when doing this build. Probably go with the street up-grade Port job when engine is down..

At 96",full stage one and TFI, I really like the results I have gotten with these 255 cams...
And doing the above when going 103" should give me the performance I want. :D

signed....BUBBIE

Joes Cycle Repair, has tuned 2, 107"s, as well as a 110" CVO, with the 555 cams. The CVO bike had a 58mm FBW, along with 1.725 S/E non-roller rocker arms.
A 2010 FLHX, 107" with Stage III Heads, is heading there next week as well.
Outstanding results have been shown to include 126-128 ft/lbs, on Joes dyno.
Fuel-MotoUSA has also shown 127 ft/lbs on their dyno as well, with similar combo's, all in by 3400.:D
Scott

My dealership dudes suggested the SE 211 cams. They said this was the best bang for the buck. My 103 already has Rhinehart true duels, PC-3, & a K&N airfilter. They said they can put these in for around $800. Whats your opinions. Tracy

I would go with the SE 204 if you want to stay with SE parts. Also see post #12 in this same thread.

My dealership dudes suggested the SE 211 cams. They said this was the best bang for the buck. My 103 already has Rhinehart true duels, PC-3, & a K&N airfilter. They said they can put these in for around $800. Whats your opinions. Tracy

My opinion is the Wood 555,(they probably have never used those cams, therefore totally unaware of the power) and set the compression/tune correctly.
Scott

My opinion is the Wood 555,(they probably have never used those cams, therefore totally unaware of the power) and set the compression/tune correctly.
Scott

Scott, I could see doing this if he wanted to pull the heads to set the compression i.e. milling them. But as a strictly bolt in cam for the 103 wouldn't the Woods tw5-6 be a better option if someone wanted to go with a Woods cam?
Randall

Back