free website stats program Best bolt in cam for Harleys new stock 103" baggers? | Harley Davidson Forums

Best bolt in cam for Harleys new stock 103" baggers?

Looking into a new Road King with the 103" motor and doing the a/c, pipes and PC-V.

When choosing a cam upgrade for these stock motors, is it basically the same as a 96" or do the extra cubes make a difference when choosing a cam only upgrade (I was thinking SE 204)

Thanks for any advice.

The 255 is stock in the 103 HD doesnt really offer much more but the 254

Incorrect, the stock cams in a 103 are the same as the 96 inch bikes. My friends cams in his 2011 Ultra Limited were the same as my 2009 Ultra. 24608-07A front cam and 25590-07A rear stock cams. We both changed to the SE255 cam set.
Craig

I have found that the SE255's are a good addition to the fully staged one in my 09 FLHR and using TFI a MUST.. Now when I go a few more miles on the stock 96" pistons and barrels, I will further with the "PROVEN BUILD" and not have the problems some have NOT planing the future build when Piece Meal parts that DON"T go together.

I THINK and COPY other Builds that worked for other Builders. Dyno'd free by them,,, So COPY is MY best Plan. Knowing what works and is a PROVEN build,,,, it will save a bunch of money down the road , along with a bike that runs strong.

Another COPY-CAT

signed....BUBBIE

Theres got to be a better option than the old SE 255??? What about the Woods 5-6 and the new Andrews 48H?

Yes there are better options for the 103 than the SE255. Both the Woods 5-6 and the Andrews 48H or the 54H(with some head work) would be better choices if you ask me. Another good choice would be the Cycle Rama 575.

Just this morning I was reading on another forum about the 204 in a 2011 Ultra Limited. With no head work, V&H Pro Pipe 2 into 1, SE A/C, TTS MasterTune tuner it made 98/109tq. Had a nice flat torque curve too.

[link removed]

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/590066-2011-ultra-limited-dyno.htmlThere are a lot of people using the 204 in 103's and are very happy with them.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of those choices. JMO

Randall

Seems to me that the use of the CAM Thing is similar to the Ride Style Thing..

There will always be Different Strokes for Different Folks...

I chose the SE255's for the easiest build on my 96"/ to 103" motor and IF i went no further, I would be content with wait I have even at 96".

Going 103" later Is For the Simple Fact... I'll want to FRESHEN the upper end and when I put on enough miles and-or Want to go thru the upper end, it will be a good build to follow..

Granted that there are a lot of Cams that will Do more,Give, Make,Develop But I chose the se255's For MY Ride style... and MAY install a different set later.... Lots of choices but I'm fine with the se255 for now..

I have built a few Great Power Bike Motors in my time but Swore NOT to do this to the FLHR... Liking the Lower torque and Happy with the ride so far.(.)

BUT please Beware:::: BIGGER is NOT always BETTER (.)

If your riding a heavy bike and want to keep the RPM at a lower level and have LOW END torque/power, You don't want a cam the comes on in the higher RPM range.. I've Been thar'

Sure, I could of gone with More Cam,, Then More Compression,, Then flowed the Heads(which I may still do) Bigger Bore. but higher RPM is not what i wanted.. I chose and like and May Change out some day again but Not to the Big High RPM style Cams to develop torque and power...

Just My Way

signed....BUBBIE :newsmile03:

Back